Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Najlan30

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Najlan30
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: Najlan30
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Rome
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Great Cruise!
My husband and I decided to take this cruise for our anniversary. Having cruise on the Adventure of the Seas, we thought the NOS would be perfect. We decided to stay in Civitavecchia the night before at Porto Di Roma. It was a great little hotel and within walking distance of the port.

Embarking: We got there early and had no issues as we had done the online check in. We had lunch at the buffet and walked around the ship, until I room was ready around 2pm.

Food: Overall the food was okay. I really did not like the breakfast and had a hard time finding something to eat, so I typically stuck with the fresh fruit, which was really good. Lunch and dinner in the Windjammer was good and there was a fair selection. The food in the main dinning area was also good and the menu offered a variety of good meals. We ate at Chops one night and were not disappointed. For the price you pay it was really worth it.

Service: By far this was the best thing about this cruise. We received exceptional services the entire time. From our cabin steward who was very attentive to the servers in the dinning rooms. We were always greeted with a smile and a warm greeting.

Entertainment: There is no way you could be bored on this cruise ship! They had everything and even when it was cold or rainy outside there was plenty to do inside. We enjoyed the casino; bars; and dance clubs. They had nightly shows after dinner that were all musical acts. I loved getting the daily compass and deciding what to do. There was something to do every day from classes to trivia.

Stateroom: We were in cabin 7616 which had a nice size balcony. We were very happy with the space and layout of our room.

Ports:

Messina- We did not do a group tour as I read the city was walkable. It was and we did some shopping and of course had some wonderful gelato.

Kusadasi- We did a tour through the ship to Ephesus. It was a nice tour, but knowing what I know now we probably would have done our on thing. There is plenty of shopping at the dock and the city was walkable. However if you do want to do Ephesus it was about 25 minutes away from the port.

Athens: This was my favorite port! We did a tour do the cruise ship, I'm sure we could have saved money if we found a tour on our own. A couple sitting at our table did and spent about $100 less than we did. At any rate the tour was great and Athens was beautiful.

Crete: We did our own thing at this port. The city bus is waiting for passengers as soon as you walk of the ship. It was 3 euros for round trip to the city. The bus dropped us off right next to a wonderful market where we did most of our shopping.

All and all it was a wonderful cruise and I would highly recommended it!

Publication Date: 05/24/12