Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Grumpy100: Beautiful Alaska Cruise

Beautiful Alaska Cruise

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

We left West Palm Beach, FL on 5/10/12 aboard AA and traveled to Chicago. After a 2 hr. layover we arrived in Seattle on time, got our luggage and got a taxi and headed for our hotel, the Marriott Waterfront at Pier 66 in Seattle.

The room was quite expensive but thought we would splurge since it was so convenient to the port. We were given a room with a balcony on the side of the hotel where you could see the ship come in the morning of the cruise. The hotel was nice but nothing that great for what we paid. The balconies were so small that you could not even sit on them. They looked like they were added as an after thought which I thought looked quite strange. After we got to our room and checked in we set out to see the sights of Seattle. We walked to the fish market and got some food at the Hard Rock and then settled down for the night. We had been up since 4:30 am and we were very tired after our long flights. I was anxiously waiting for the ship to dock and was More looking out the window from 6-8 am and still no ship. I thought Oh know what has happened to the ship. Was it delayed or what. I even called Celebrity in Miami and they said that they had not hard anything about it being late. Finally it docked at 9 am., two hours late. Needless to say it was utter chaos getting the people off the ship and the new people on board. We finally got on board at 12:30 and went to the buffet and then they announced that we could go to our cabins. Celebrity really worked hard to make up for the two hours lost by them coming in late. We did depart two hrs. late but that did not matter because we still got to out first destination on time. This was our first time on this class of ship which was smaller but once we got used to where everything was it was fine. But I still like the Solstice class ship size better with the grass on the top.

We had select dining and ate pretty much at the same table every night and the service was excellent and all the food was excellent also. My husband especially liked the lobster night.
Our room was located on deck eight, port side aft and located very near the stairs and elevators so it was very convenient. The room was smaller than the Solstice size ships but once we put everything away found it to have ample space. The bathroom was also smaller but was fine. The safe was also smaller but it was fine also and fit my tablet that I had brought.

Our cabin stewards were excellent and I had no complaints at all with that.
We did not attend any shows at all so I cannot comment on that. We found the casino amusing and used mostly the quarter, nicket and penny machines and there were enough of them to use. We are not big gamblers.

I really had no complaints at all about the cruise
We did the disembarkation and met in the Celebrity theater at 7:15 am with all of the other 500 people and that was a little disorganized but we were off the ship by 7:30 am and at the airport and checked into our gate by 8:30 am.

Celebrity is our number one cruiseline and this was our third. This was our fourth time to Alaska and we had great weather except for Juneau it rained in the afternoon. The Tracey Arm Fjord was spectacular and the glacier at the end of it was fantastic and we got some fantastic pictures. This was the first time that it did not rain when we went to see the glacier. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Penthouse Deck (6) 8153

Our cabin was on deck eight, 8153, port side, aft. It was fine.

Mendenhall Glacier

(3)
WE did the Mendenall Glacier with the Salmon bake. It would have been nice if it had not been 40 degrees and raining. The food at the Salmon bake was very good but we ate quickly because it was raining and cold. We took some pictures at the glacier but my camera got wet.

Lumberjack Show

(3)
I found Ketchikan very nice. We walked all around the town and took the lift up the a lodge where you could get good views of the city and took pictures of the Totem Poles. We had great weather and did some shopping. Then in the afternoon we went to the Lumberjack show and I found it quite entertaining. It was covered and had heaters in the stands as it was very cold that day. It was packed with 450 people in the stands.

It was very cold and windy that day that we visited Skagway and we had been there two times before so we just walked around the city, did some shopping and got some food and beer at the Red Onion Saloon. It was amusing.
Read 645 Skagway Reviews

We were only in port for 6 hrs. and it was getting dark so we just walked around the Waterfront to the downtown district and took some nice pictures. We had beautiful sunny weather but I think this whole port is a waste and should be eliminated unless they give you the entire day.
Read 558 Victoria Reviews