Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Nadey: FABULOUS WEEK ON THE ALLURE

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

FABULOUS WEEK ON THE ALLURE

Sail Date: May 2012

We came into Ft. lauderdale on May 12th and stayed at the Hampton Inn North airport and port area. Great beginning, free airport and port transportation. Great service at the hotel and it was reasonable. I've been reading the reviews for this ship for a year since I booked the trip and now I can write my own. Our stateroom attendant and waiter, assistant waiter were excellent. Rooms were always clean and ice bucket full. We had adjoining rooms and it was perfect to be able to go back and forth. Every staff member we encountered was very pleasant and have no complaints. I had been on 3 prior Carnival cruises and this is the first time on Royal Carribean. I booked the trip thru their web site. First cruise for my sister and nieces. The one room was larger then the other by the way the beds were arranged, and nieces had that one , so they were happy. Not much room though to move around if your beds are on the side instead of when you walk straight in. Enough shelfs and hangers for More our clothes. The enclosed shower was nice, and you can fit in them, even if you're plus sized. I had signed up for a meet and mingle when I booked the trip, but was never given any info if they had one on this cruise.

We were in awe when we walked on the ship. Never saw anything like it on the other ships. So glad we picked this ship. I mainly chose it since I didn't want to see Hairspray on the Oasis. I had always cruised on the largest Carnival ships at the time, and thought this ship would not move, but was surprised that it did. Thank goodness we all had the scopolomine patches for seasickness. Couldn't have done without it. We ate breakfast at the Windjammer, the Park Cafe, and enjoyed the food. We always found a seat in the windjammer and some mornings the crew found them for us. Food could've been warmer in the Windjammer though. We also ate lunch there and at Park Cafe and there was a large selection . Got the roast beef sandwich , loved it, my niece didn't. Food in the MDR was good, had great service, and the girls felt like queens. There are changes each time I've cruised. They like to decorate the food and plate, which I could care less about. Just give me good food. We didn't do any specialty restaurants. Also went to Sorrento's most nights before bed, and we liked the pizzas. Wasn't crazy about the Solarium buffet at lunch. We went to all the shows, liked them all excpet for the Blue Planet, it was too "out there". Comediennes were great. They had to put an extra show on Saturday night in the ice skating rink, because so many people wanted to see them. I had made reservations for all the shows ahead of time, so we had no problem getting seats. Spent a lot of time at the pools and hot tubs. I had a fall on the pool deck and it was so slippery and we saw others fall or almost fall all week. They need to put something on the deck surface to rought it up. The crew helped me up , but they weren't going to make an incident report, just said to mention it on the survey, which we all did.

Went to Nassau and just shopped. In St Thomas took the power catamaran that took us snorkeling and to Honeymoon Island and it was a great trip. I chose this excursion since it had a canvas roof , since I'm very fair and have to watch even with sunscreen Water was very rough on the way out, as there was rain coming, another thank goodness for the seasicness patch. Many people were getting sick. The beach was beautiful and private. In St, Martin we did an island tour and then shopped in Phillipsburg for awhile when got dropped off. Ate at the Hard Rock and a heads up that the tip is already included , even for just 4 people and there are no free refills on any soda or ice tea, and we weren't told about this. Both excursions were booked thru the ship. Have no complaints about either one. Had fun at the casino. The 70's disco dance party Friday night on the promenade was the best. Cruise director Allan Brooks made it a fun week. He was a hoot. Getting on and off was a breeze. Did the walk off ourselves and the taxis were right there waiting for us, and no wait for empty elevator. At other times there were elevator wait times. People are very rude and are pushing their way on , when you're trying to get off. I did write on the survey that charging a tip for cotton candy was outrageous. Also if they could just put the whole disco party on the week's DVD to buy or sell a separate one. We were in a lot of the tape on the TV, but when the final DVD was available to view, most were cut out and there were a lot of people on the tape that would buy it , just to see themselves. My sister bought it anyway to show her husband the ship. There is so much to do, you need more time to explore it all, but that's for another time. I didn't buy alcohol in the ports , but the cost in the ships store beat all the port shops prices. Was able to print out boarding passes and also they touch screens to find what to do or how to get there, was great too. The character parades were cute. Bought some things at the everything's $10 sale and some watches at that sale. I would go back on this ship in a heartbeat, and hope you will enjoy it as much as we did. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 6 10553

We had a connecting room since traveling with 4 people. It worked great. It was quiet. Had great stateroom attendant. An inside cabin is fine, since you only sleep and change clothes there. I wouldn't want an cabin facing inward, as the noise and people would be too loud and you'd have no privacy. The bathroom was large enough and had enough storage. Closets were adequate and we even had more space then needed. Wasn't able to store the suitcases anywhere though., had to stack them in the room. Wasn't much room between the beds when they were separated and had to push them in closer to get around during the day. The adjoining room was set up differently with the beds facing out to the hall, so it seemed much bigger.

Just shopped in the town, did a few streets since it was so hot and humid. You can dicker for everything and I did end up getting a gorgeous drusy ring, for a good deal, since I knew before I left, how much they should cost. Everyone bought something. It's very compact, but you constantly are hounded for hair braiding , tours, or just to browse into their shops. We only spent a few hours in the port and were back for lunch and the pools. May have spent a little more time, if it wasn't so hot.
Read 2627 Nassau Reviews

Island Tour

(5.5)
Very nice tour. Only cost $24. Booked this once we were on the ship. You travel in a van and stop at some great photo areas and you get the see the most expensive to the poor areas. Shopped a little in the french side and did more in Phillipsburg when the trip was over. You constantly are hounded for hair braiding , tours, or just to browse into their shops. Ate at the Hard Rock and a heads up that the tip is already included , even for just 4 people and there are no free refills on any soda or ice tea, and we weren 't told about this. We all bought something here also. It's a great value for the cost.

Snorkeling

(5.5)
This was a great trip. The crew was fun and they give you all the beer, soda, and tropical drinks you want. We did see a few turtles, hoped to see more, but you never know where they'll be. saw some coral and fish too. You do have to climb on and off when snorkeling and the private beach, and you definitely need to swim. don't think you could do it, even with a lift vest to keep you up. The private Honeymoon beach is gorgeous. The water is so clear and warm. They have a woman who cooks there, so you can get some lunch. We did the morning tour. I chose this since it had a canvas cover , since I'm fair and burn even with sunscreen. You will enjoy it.