Carnival Magic Cruise Review by BandBxelem3: Carnival Magic Lacking

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Magic Lacking

Sail Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

As I sat down to look at my cruise bill after returning from our vacation to the Caribbean, I noticed some problems with my bill. I wish now that I had taken the time to examine it after it was delivered to our outside mail holder before we left the ship. I noticed my husband was charged for 2 drinks in the Hat Trick Bar casino at 4:48 PM and again at 4:50 PM I asked him about these charges and he said that no one came by that often, much less serving him that quickly. If the tickets were just turned in at this time, they should have been recorded as he was served. I don't know if he was actually given the drinks that he paid for! Anyway, just be aware, and keep all your receipts!!

The cruise, for the most part, was enjoyable. We went up to the Serenity Deck for adults only to look around and lounge for awhile. I was surprised to see the water slide right next to this area. So, you can imagine the serenity that we had while there.

Our room was on deck six at More the front of the ship. I was concerned that it might be too rough, but since we had no stormy weather, I cannot say if it would be rough or not. It is noisy when the ship is docking. The view out the window is said to be obstructive, but we had no trouble seeing the water and had the same view that is shown on the ship's channel to view the water ahead of the ship. There is a walkway that is accessible from doors at each end of the hallway and benches to sit on if you would like to go outside. It was quite peaceful with only a few people wandering by.

We had early dining and I thought the food was good, but nothing extraordinary. I feel the menu has been changed and no long serve escargot as an appetizer. Portions are adequate and there is one menu that remains the same each day. I especially enjoyed the warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert. I was disappointed in the buffet. It was hard to get drinks during busy times, because you had to stand in line to get ice and then go to another machine and stand in line to get tea, water, or lemonade. I would liked to have been able to go and just get a glass that was already poured and waiting. Too many people to deal with just for a glass of tea. I enjoyed eating in the main dining room much better. Our wait staff wss very attentive and it was a relaxing time. The Italian restaurant was too noisy when we were eating there. Above it is a basketball court, or some kind of sports court and it was quite noisy and not relaxing. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Interior Upper 6204

Room 6204 is at the front of the ship with an obstructed view. I felt the view was adequate. We could see the water as the ship headed out into the ocean. The sea was quite calm during our cruise, so I don't know if a stormy sea might make a difference in the calmness of this room. There is a walkway outside the window, so for privacy, keep the curtains closed. There were not that many people that ventured out to this walkway. It is not a thruway, and only goes in front of the rooms at the front of the ship on this deck. The room space is adequate and we could get all of clothes in the closet. The shower is small and water kept running out on to the floor during a shower. I placed a rolled up towel along side the shower to catch the overflow of water. It seemed to be slow to drain. It was very quiet in this part of the ship. Only when the ship was docking did it make a very loud noise. I never heard any other noise from the public parts of the ship.

Lots of shops available for the shopping enthusiast!
Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

Snorkeling

(5.5)
This excursion was well organized. We were taken by bus to a boat that took us out to an area about 40 minutes away. The snorkeling was a great experience. Lots to look at. Beautiful varieties of coral and lots of fish. We enjoyed the time in the water. Some even saw stingrays. Our crew entertained us on the way there and it didn't seem to take too long.

Not much available unless you take a taxi to shopping. Not impressed with it.