Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Abel ben Adam: Not for vegans

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Not for vegans

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

We sailed transatlantic and then back to back Mediterranean, so we were on the RCL ship 21 days. The dinner menu basically had one vegetarian alternative -- Indian. I like Indian. Often eat at Indian restaurants. But I don't like Indian food enough to have it for dinner 21 nights in a row, in addition to having it for lunch as well. Moreover, the Indian fare for dinner gave me heartburn every night I had it (the Indian dishes at the lunch buffet didn't). Rarely did they have other vegetarian entrees. My wife ended up eating a baked potato and salad nearly every night.

RCL had a different menu each night of the transatlantic, But the next 7 days of the Mediterranean cruise repeated 7 of the TA menus. If RCL wants to encourage back to back cruising they should have different menus for the first cruise after a re-positioning cruise.

Coffee was not good -- too strong & bitter. We were told it was Seattle's Best, which we like.

Since I don't eat eggs I More requested scrambled tofu in the dining room for breakfast; every morning I got the same blank look. After several mornings the cooks actually learned to cook the tofu and not just warm it a bit. I appreciated the head waiter who facilitated my getting the tofu.

For nearly the whole cruise one of the pools was empty. That made the remaining pool crowded.

Customer service ran out of euros very early (even though the news letter each day encouraged passengers to change their money there). Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6

Nice balcony, but smoke came in our room from nearby room. closets were adequate. Shower small, but OK. Bed comfortable enough. TV is old tube type.

Walk to the metro takes about 20 minutes, bus quicker, but couldn't find any shop selling tickets. Most sites are near metro stop. Since we had a day pass we took metro to port and a bus to ship.

The walk into Barcelona takes about 20 minutes. From there you can take the metro or walk to most sites, or take the on again, off again bus.

Joined a excursion offered near port. Only problem was it missed basilica of St. John and temple of Diana (Artemis)which were promised. Instead it took us to carpet & leather stores where the sales staff used very high pressure to try and get you to buy their products. Nevertheless, Ephesus was well worth visiting.
Read 355 Kusadasi Reviews

Port a bit far from Rome to make a day trip (between back to back cruises). Internet cafe near where free shuttle drops you off. For those who don't want to take the train to Rome there is a bus that will take you for 18 euros return. We took the bus to Saint Peter's for 15 euros. The train is only about 5 euros. Took a Christian Rome tour by a company recommended by hotel. Saw catacombs, holy stairs, St. John's cathedral, St. Mary's church and other holy sites. Good tour.