Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Abel ben Adam

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Abel ben Adam
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: Abel ben Adam
Cruise Date: April 2012
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: D3
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Not for vegans
We sailed transatlantic and then back to back Mediterranean, so we were on the RCL ship 21 days. The dinner menu basically had one vegetarian alternative -- Indian. I like Indian. Often eat at Indian restaurants. But I don't like Indian food enough to have it for dinner 21 nights in a row, in addition to having it for lunch as well. Moreover, the Indian fare for dinner gave me heartburn every night I had it (the Indian dishes at the lunch buffet didn't). Rarely did they have other vegetarian entrees. My wife ended up eating a baked potato and salad nearly every night.

RCL had a different menu each night of the transatlantic, But the next 7 days of the Mediterranean cruise repeated 7 of the TA menus. If RCL wants to encourage back to back cruising they should have different menus for the first cruise after a re-positioning cruise.

Coffee was not good -- too strong & bitter. We were told it was Seattle's Best, which we like.

Since I don't eat eggs I requested scrambled tofu in the dining room for breakfast; every morning I got the same blank look. After several mornings the cooks actually learned to cook the tofu and not just warm it a bit. I appreciated the head waiter who facilitated my getting the tofu.

For nearly the whole cruise one of the pools was empty. That made the remaining pool crowded.

Customer service ran out of euros very early (even though the news letter each day encouraged passengers to change their money there).

Publication Date: 05/21/12