Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Lovecrusing627: What a wounderful Dream

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

What a wounderful Dream

Sail Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We Flew Into Orlando the day before the cruise and stayed at the Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach. It was a very nice Hotel. I also went to the beach that day to start off the pre-cruise and Had dinner on the beach and watched the sunset.

1st day
got shuttled from the hotel to the port by 11:30 and was on the ship 20 minutes within the time we arrived on the lido deck. it was very fast process.
How can anybody complain? this ship is so big and beautiful. I love the Atrium so pretty. and I watched break dancing and shows in the atrium some nights of the cruise. we were directed to the lido deck for lunch. I loved the food U can get anything. there's so many options they even have a moglogin wok were U get made to order stir fry. it was good But the lines can be long.
after lunch we walked around the ship to get a good feel of it and sat by the pool and went swimming and before I knew it our rooms r ready

Stateroom
I loved the stateroom
it was so quiet. I More didn't hear kids screaming or neighbors talking it was peaceful on the th deck. I booked a stateroom with staterooms above and below me. I enjoy the towel animals every night. bring your own clock. there's no clock in the room. and also bring a power strip. Only one outlet Behind the desk. the beds were so comfortable. I slept like a baby each night. I had a balcony also. and I liked it I sat out there coming into port each day. and sometimes I went to the buffet and took my breakfast back to my room and ate breakfast out there. the staterooms r very small. I went back out to explore more until Munster drill
that's the only part I didn't like
and I went back to the lido to watch the ship sail out. it was very nice
than after sail away I went down the water slides I love water slides
Its the best part of the ship and the lines didn't seem long at all
there's a twister slide. a Drainpipe and two racing slides and a kiddie slide. I went on all the slides even on sea days
I got ready for dinner which was nice. they sing at dinner it
s like a party at night on the cruise.
I saw some shows as well and the Lazar was nice
and called it a night

Day 2 was a sea day
chair hogs were in full force I couldn't find a deck chair. and U can never go bored on a cruise they have so much to do. from seminars the shows trivia, tournaments U can go use the spa. play in the casinos shop in the gift shops. go swimming, they have pool side games. and a band playing by the pool. and so much going on in the Atrium and all over the ship. they have a BBQ lunch on the Launi only on sea days. with burgers hot dogs, kabobs, sliders, chicken and much more.
it never felt crowded. and there's a little cafe in the ocean plaza
Breakfast got a little crowded. the food was good the eggs were watered down but still good. they had an omelet station were u can get made to own omelets
some mornings we ate in the MDR Like the last sea day since they only do that on sea days the food was great in the MDR as well
they have so many options of what to eat like the Grille but it closes early. they have a 24-hour ice cream station but always long lines, and a 24/pizza station. a deli and tandoor. the tandoor is all spicy I hate spicy so i didn't try that.
we went to the serenity after lunch but it felt crowded we only stayed for 20 minutes we went to the serenity on Belize day. we not formal ppl
It was elegant night we didn't go to that. There's so many photographer taking ppl's pictures blocking the walkways areas
I love that U can walk all around the ship on deck 5. that was a nice area
we had My time dining the whole cruise. but the wait was long.

Day 3
Cozumel
we took a cab the Paradise Beach. Entry was free. it was a beautiful day. they had Cabernet u can rent. and we payed $12 to go on the water trampolines and kayak and snorkeled it was so much fun and had a great time and we had lunch there
and went back on the ship and I was still hungry so I went to the grille and sat by the pool till dinner.
after dinner saw shows and a movie on the big screen.

Day 4
Belize
we stayed on the ship
it was a tender port and we knew the lines would be very long. we went on the water slides. relaxed in the serenity had lunch at the bar In the serenity. the ship was quiet when everybody was ashore. the lines were much shorter and we found a chair by the pool with no problem at all.

Day 5
Roatan
we went to West Bay which is at the far end of the island and went on a ship wreak excursion and coral reef. it was beautiful. it was a lovely day. and we relaxed on the beach shopped a little and went back on the ship.
that night there was a deck party we attend it was so amazing I loved the cha cha slide and YMCA dance. and there was a Mexican Buffet. the food was great.I was up most of the hours. there were parties till the wee hours.

Day 6
Costa Maya
we got off the ship and just went to the pool and swam there and had lunch. the ship was leaving at 2:00 they changed it to 2:00 instead of 3:00. which we didn't have enough time to explore the port and everything is so pricey in this port.
we went back on the ship and sat by the pool and watched sail away and headed to the water slides till Dinner. we decided to have lobster for supper It was so good. and watched movies on the deck and went to the atrium to enjoy the shows.

Day 7
Same as day 2 basically.

we had a great time. Planning to go on Miracle In January and Going on NCl Gem in September.

What a great cruise!!!
Don't believe the bad reviews
their wrong Less