“Disney Dream vs. Royal Caribbean Liberty”
Cruise review of Disney Dream

dmcc7101@aol.com Disney Dream 3 Disney Dream vs. Royal Caribbean Liberty
dmcc7101@aol.com
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We went on the RC Liberty in Feb 2012 to the Caribbean. We just returned from the Disney Dream and was suprised by difference. I would rate the RC an A. Disney B+. RC is alot less $ and has better features. Disney check in was the fastet I've experienced - BUT totally uninfomative. We were told to board the ship, but noticed a long line at the right of the terminal. This line is for the kids club to get their gps bracelet. To save time you may want to do this on the ship. What I loved about the Dream: The stateroom was huge. The bathtub/shower was the largest I've experinced on a ship. The tv options were also the best we've had on a ship. Unfortunately Disney does allowing smoking on the balcony. Also the hallways are very narrow to manovure strollers etc. The coffee was the best I've had on a cruise. The shows were awesome. We really enjoyed the 3 shows and the comedian. What I did not like about the Dream: Nemo's reef for under age 8 was cute but really the size of my living and dining room. Entirely to small. RC Liberty had a better splash play - pool area. Same for the private Island. RC had a huge play splash area for the kids and disney's was comical. Really suprised me. Dinner times. The 3 restaruants were nice. But the only one with entertainment was Aminators. The rest of the dinners were too long and became boring for small children. I think Disney should have the princess come into the Royal Palace and Stich into the Enchanted Gardern (really reminds me of Tavern on the Green). I HATED the fact that Disney does not offer Cabanna's caferteria style to eat anytime for dinner. It is closed. Kids aren't always on Disneys schedule. Crazy. All other cruise lines have this option for you. The NAVIGATOR that shows you the happenings throughout the day was very confusing and my least favorite of all 4 cruise lines I've been on. They need to look at the others and redo it. AND MOST OF ALL THE WORST THING: saving seats. RC does not let anyone save seats/ chairs. On the island people had saved seats including the hammocks all day and didn't not use them. It was difficult to find seats by the pool and on the island.
Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Dream Review
Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?