Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by JohnShashi: Epic by name and by deed

JohnShashi
0 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Epic by name and by deed

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

The Norwegian Epic was so unlike the other cruises I had taken. Everything is very professional and so much to do on board. I even attended my first art auction, but resisted bidding for the Goya's and Rembrandt's that were on display.

The quality of the shows was also Epic - the Blue Man group, "Legends" with Rod Stewart, Madonna and Elvis look and sound alikes. An on board circus with amazing acrobats, and Brenda Cochraine (Opportunity Knocks winner in 1989)

The cruise visited ports serving Naples, Rome, Pisa and Florence, Cannes and Marseilles. It was a pity that the weather in Cannes was poor, as we couldn't really enjoy the international film festival that was taking place.

The ship has a relaxed approach to dining, particularly in the self service restaurant though if you want to dress up there are two restaurants included in the cruise price and a number of other speciality restaurants, where an extra cost is added.

I was fortunate to be chosen More to have a meal with one of the officers on the last night of the cruise and this was very informative.

The only negative I would add is the extra $12 per person automatically added to your account for crew gratuities. I would have preferred the option of tipping those that impressed me, without the need for this charge. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 12019

Interesting room size. As you enter the balcony staterooms you see the shower room on your left and toilet on your right. The bed is king size and there is great storage space. The balcony is a good size. I heard some people complain about the size of the rooms, but for a 7 day cruise, I had no problem with the cabin

Be prepared to pay excessive prices on everything
Read 175 Cannes Reviews

Naples is a fascinating city and well worth a relaxing stroll through the narrow streets. Also take the train to the top of the hill and see the breathtaking views over Naples
Read 643 Naples Reviews