Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by hounddogz

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by hounddogz
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Inspiration
Member Name: hounddogz
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: JS
Cabin Number: V14
See More About: Carnival Inspiration Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

6/10
Emabarkation was smooth and fast as we booked a junior suite which gave us VIP access.

We had immediate access to our 'suite' which was impressive. We booked V14, junior suite and got far less than we expected. The cabin was regular sized with a regular tiny balcony and mediocre service. (The mirror was dirty on arrival, and still dirty on departure). However, it was a comfortable and quiet area - right at the top forward, with very few cabins and therefore very light traffic.

The atrium (or spectrum on this ship) reminded us of a 90's nightclub, all trashy neon and chrome, totally lacking in ambience. The Brasserie didn't impress much either with it's purple alien worm things clinging to the ceilings.

The Lido pool is the only pool, this is also outdated.

The Mardi Gras dining room was pleasant, the staff were very attentive even tho we had any time dining and far less likely to form a tip heavy friendship.

The food was pretty good, we chose to eat here instead of the Brasserie, which resembled half price day at Walmart...at closing time.

The passengers were a mixed bunch ...a 4 day cruise is budget friendly and appeals to those of us that want a short break or adding on to the end of a vacation. Unfortunately, it also appeals to a less desirable crowd (for me anyhow) ... lots of heavy drinking, rowdy crowds and cigarette smoking. I normally love to read my book by the pool but felt uncomfortable.

There is a quiet serenity deck at the aft, with two hot tubs, no noise and padded loungers ...on the day I went to use it, I could not access it due to a private function ...that kinda pissed me off ..I paid for a whole ship to wander around, not to fund a wedding event.

We visited two ports .. Santa Catalina Island and Ensenda Mexico. We LOVED Catalina Island, it is truly beautiful with a colorful history! This was our second visit to Ensenada and we took a bus tour to La Bufadora, well worth the $25 for a narrated bus drive, a natural phenomenom and a colorful market ...not to mention the best fish tacos EVER!

The Casino was incredibly smoky and we only visited once due to this - Carnival needs to outlaw smoking inside the ship ...it is disgusting.

There are very few quiet areas on the ship, so we spent most of our down time in the cabin or on the balcony ..which is why we choose a balcony.

I think my mistake was booking a shorter cruise ..the last cruise was a 9 day wonderful experience. We are booked on the Triumph for Christmas this year...here's hoping the crowd is a little more palatable!

Publication Date: 05/20/12
Read the Mexican Riviera ports review by hounddogz
More Carnival Inspiration Cruise Reviews

More Carnival Inspiration Reviews
My First Carnival Cruise!
Had a great time!