Emerald Princess Cruise Review by mommalovesdogs: Less than professional

Compare Prices on Emerald Princess Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Less than professional

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western

I just completed my 15th cruise with Princess, and I've noticed that service has dropped dramatically. On this 16-day transatlantic, I booked low on the ship, due to problems with seasickness...and this time, music from the crew quarters drifted upward. When I reported the problem to passenger services, the night manager appeared in our room and offered us EAR PLUGS! (After some discussion with this young lady, she went to find the problem and got the music turned down...but the problem reoccurred three more nights.) I was also asked "what time do you go to bed?" so that the crew could play their music loudly until then....HA! Had I had my TV volume too loud anytime, day or night, I would have been asked to turn it down...why does the crew have special privileges?

Our Princess Circle representative was absolutely no help on disembarkation. She was late to the lounge, was more interested in the coffee, pastries and flirting with the bartenders to make announcements. When More my 87-year-old mother asked her about the timeliness of getting to our flight, the Princess Circle representative started waving her arms and acting very condescendingly to the passengers. We got notification of our group departure via the woman's walkie-talkie, as she was too busy talking to the staff to assist us.

I'm an Elite member of Princess Cruises...but I'd have to think long and hard if I wanted to go again. Better service on Royal Caribbean. Less

Read more Emerald Princess cruise reviews >>