SeaDream I Cruise Review by malagaolivia

Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 4
See More About: SeaDream I Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | SeaDream Yacht Club Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: SeaDream I Review (by Cruise Critic!)
The best holiday ever
I had quite high expectations of the cruise and my partner was cruising for the first time. Seadream totally surpassed my expectations and was simply the best holiday I have ever had. The service on board was exceptional. We live in Malaga so we were working right up until 2pm and arrived a bit frazzled so it was brilliant to get a welcome glass of champagne and have a breather before checking in. The check in process was fast and friendly and we were in our cabin in less that 15 minutes. The cabin was clean , spacious and the bed was probably the most comfortable I have had on a holiday. We are not great sleepers and some nights we slept for 10 hours without waking up....that alone made it a real relaxing time.

It is difficult to say what is the best thing about Seadream as everything was first class. We actually said we never thought we would get tired of drinking champagne but we enjoyed the house wines so much we ended up drinking wine more often. The staff were friendly and efficient without being intrusive and it was such a relief to know they were not just doing it for the tips like on the bigger cruise ships...the tip seekers have ruined several cruises for me.

I would like to name everyone but have to single out Michail and Gideon for service and Silvano + Pierre looked after us very well. The cabin girls were giggly and very friendly.

The food was superb and not stodgy which meant we didnt walk round all day feeling overfed, lots of fresh ,quality ingredients and the portion sizes were just right. The breakfast specials were excellent and we enjoyed fresh fish most days for lunch. Dinner was a real event, we met some great friends and we had a table for 8 on our last night which was great fun. The highlight was the tasting menu, the pumpkin soup was one of the best things I have ever eaten.

During the day there was no pressure to do anything we read in the library or sunbathed on deck or went into the ports. Port Vendres was a favourite as we docked in the harbour and went and had lunch across the road.

We have said for the next few years that we will spend all our holidays on Sea dream as nothing else will live upto it....we are booking again for September we are really looking forward to it.

Publication Date: 05/19/12