Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by mew1: Gem, I felt like I was welcomed home

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Bermuda Cruises

Gem, I felt like I was welcomed home

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Embarkment: It was very easy, lines clearly marked, wonderful people directing. We arrived about 11:30 were showed to the VIP line, and we were eating lunch at Cagney's before noon. We met our special waitress Josephine on the first day, and had a wonderful week, seeing her smiling face, and cheerful spirit. She spoiled us, I wanted to take her home in my suitcase. They had a wheelchair to help my mom who is almost blind and has trouble walking to help her get up to the ship.

We ate dinner at Magenta, and enjoyed lobster, visiting with friends and a wonderful start to the cruise. Enjoyed the show, and was looking forward to the week.

Most of my dinners for the rest of the cruise was in the Grand Pacific with our favorite waitress Rezchel, she was great. Every Night she exceeded our needs and made wonderful suggestions. Don't miss the lemon ginger custard, it was the best dessert I ever tried.

We ate in the Asia restaurant, and of course More teppanyaki and enjoyed it very much.

The shows were amazing the show around the world and the comedian was so much fun, lots of energy and laughs. Also enjoyed the piano player and music around the ship. Deal or no deal, might have been more fun if I won, the winners were happy.

OUR MEET AND GREET: Met Cherry the group event coordinator on my last meet and greet I organized on the Gem. She was still there and it was wonderful to see her again. We had many staff members come to our meet and greet and they were very happy to meet us, we had a wonderful turn out, almost everyone made it. They gave us an organized card with their numbers on it.

It is wonderful to see how NCL treats their employees. It is wonderful to see great workers rise in the ranks. For example I met Jenny the first time when she worked at the reception desk, now, not that many years later, she was the hotel director. It was wonderful to see her again, have a cup of coffee and talk. I told her about a wonderful room service worker who went beyond the call of duty, he set up a standing order every night for tea and pitcher of water. He called and confirmed it. She made sure to recognize him and even the Captain called him. This reminds me, fill out the style cards when someone does something for you special. They get recognized and get raises based on them. Great waitresses can go from main to specialty rest. so write those cards. I also got to see my favorite concierge Florentina, she is wonderful, not only does she do a great job, she goes beyond to make your cruise special. She will be leaving to do the most important job, a full time mom. She will be missed.

We had an amazing room steward Abdul, he really was amazing, our room was spotless, he always greeted us with a smile and made our day special. He helped my mom with some special needs and I appreciated it.

Bermuda was amazing. We took a tour with a taxi driver recommended on CC boards and it was excellent. Wed. it rained a little but it was OK we just shopped at the Wharf.

Unfortunately all cruises must end, this was too short, missed a day. We took the last tag of the morning as we like to let the crowd get off, and take our time with breakfast and stuff. It was a wonderful cruise. Less

Read more Norwegian Gem cruise reviews >>