Azura Cruise Review by CLAREY LOU

Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: JF
Cabin Number: r238
See More About: Azura Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Azura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azura Deck Plans
Lovely holiday
My husband and I have just come back from the Norwegian Fjords with Azura its the second time we have been on azura we did the western med in september 2011. We certainly liked her the first time and I still liked her the second time. This was a last minute booking as we had the offer of a balcony at discounted price come thruogh the post. Very pleased with the balcony. If I have to say anything about this trip I felt the captain we had on the cruise in sept Keith dowds was more of a people person and the ship was immaculate and staff were on the ball at all times.the captain on this cruise Paul Brown never saw him also I felt the staff were a little despondent and tables especially in the buffet were left for a while before being cleared or wiped. Our cabin steward compared to the cabin steward we had in september did not do any of the little touches the room was always clean and tidy but you could tell that he literally did that. Our last cabin steward made lovely little animals tidied both dressers and bathroom tops all the time so I could never find anything lol.

This trip had more older generation and a fare few wheelchair bound people which I liked to see as Azura certainly seemed to cater well for these. I would say that on occassions the lifts became very cosy if a wheelchair was in one lol and maybe they ought to design bigger lifts. We met with a gentleman and his wife who was disabled and they showed us their cabin which I must admit was suitably designed for a wheelchair along with a big wet room (shower). However my moan is that there were several people on the ship with scooters and I feel that P and O need to assess this as these on scooters had the attitude that along the corridors those that were walking had to get out of the way. You would also find them parked in the corridors at the Malabar which is a walk though corridor and no consideration for those walking through.

Norway itself is very expensive Stavanger is a port you can get off and mooch around however all was shut the day we went due to it being a holiday lol, Flam the most scenic fjord of them all unless you did an excursion there was no where or nothing to do however the size of Azura against the fjord did look magnificent and some good pics were taken. Olden again nothing to do unless you went on a noddy train around the lake at some cost!! or an excursion. Bergen a port that you can get off and free shuttle bus into the city and going up the vindickula is an experience for fantastic views. Pleased I,ve done it.

Next cruise is august on indep of the seas Italian med for 13nights and just put deposit on Azura for central med 17nights oct 2013.

got to work hard and earn more pennies inbetween time. I just love cruising and certainly a balcony now!

clarey lou.