Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Mckylvr05

Norwegian Star
Norwegian Star
Member Name: Mckylvr05
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

First Time Cruising
My boyfriend and I (both first time cruisers) were very excited for our first cruise because we both didn't know what to expect, but sea sickness and all, this was the best vacay ever!

Day 1

Embarkation in NY was very smooth. The guy who took the embarkation photos let me view the photos and pick what I liked... Which was nice cuz usually it's like Snap...Next.. We boarded and rooms were already ready, with our lil towel mouse waitin for us, and Gede ( good day) our stateroom steward also waitin with a warm smile. Luggage came about an hr after boarding. Sail away BBQ was awesome. Music drinks food fun!!!!!! Emergency drill was short and sweet, then we were let free to roam. we watched the sunset at 7 30, ate at blue lagoon (some good ole comfort food), then watched movies for the rest of the night.

Day 2

Woke up to WATER.....and more WATER. I was poppin sea sickness pills all morning. We stayed in most of the day until I felt better. When I was up to it we went to dinner at Aqua( as one of the restaurants that are included it was awesome). I had salmon and the bf had chicken and shrimp. The food and service were good. After we ate we went to the casino, the bf loved the blackjack table ( go table! go table!go table!)...lol . We ordered a bottle of wine and bucket of beer and called it a night.

Day 3

This day was play day. Breakfast in the room. We went to the gym, played BIG CHESS and pingpong and golf and hung out by the pool, which wasn't as big as I thought would have been, but thats ok since the bf and I both are not swimmers. We ate lunch in the market cafe, Another late night dinner at the lagoon, had some wings and a few drinks and called it a night.

Day 4

Woke my bf up by jumping on him shouting We're in Bermuda We're in Bermuda! Breakfast at market cafe, Gede was up bright and early too wishing us a great day! We took a Ferry into Hamilton and craaaaazzzzzyyyy bus ride to st George's... We saw the sights, and went shopping. Things in Bermuda are lil pricey, but hey it's vacation. Headed back to the ship we kissed under the moongate and made a wish.. Then it was off to Sushi! Bf played a cruel trick on me with the wasabi, so let's just say the night ended with that.

Day 5

Beach Day/ shore excursion. Had a huge breakfast poolside. We chose to go to horseshoe bay. It was a bit windy but still a great time. We flirted with the water a bit... Since we r not swimmers, until I saw 2 dead mana wars, then we just relaxed. We rushed back to the ship to get cleaned up and changed for the rum swizzle cruise excursion. I'm not sure what was more beautiful, the sunset or the free flowing rum swizzles..lol. This excursion was nice and simple. We listened to music, drank, laughed with the folks on board, drank, and enjoyed the beautiful sunset....and drank. This night we ate at La Cucina, where the bf bought me a rose, I guess to make up for the awful wasabi joke..lol. Night ended a little better.

Day 6

Rainy Bermuda day...sigh. We shopped a little at dockyard headed back to the ship until we sailed off.. We were getting a lil sad cuz the trip was coming to an end. We caught the show with dimitri and his wife...didn't catch her name..lol, got pics with them as well. That was one of the best shows we've seen in a long time. Another night at the casino and late night comfort food in the room, with a bottle of wine.

Day 7

Last day at sea. Purchased the cheapest liquor I've ever seen, chose the photos we wanted to buy, we went to the elements show.. Sat in the front and it was 10 times better than the show the night before.. Wakey Wakey Washy Washy! We ate dinner at Versailles. I felt this restaurant had a titanic feel to it. But nonetheless it was beautiful and the food was great.

Last day

Looking back on our trip. Gede was awesome, room was always cleaned towel animals were awesome, was always there making sure we got what we needed. Room, obstructed with a view was quite comfortable. Bf didn't really care for the bed. Obstructed window wasn't bad at all (piece of life boat). Food was AWESOME. Well I had a lil finger sandwich and a hotdog that I want to forget about...lol other than that it was great. Wish I could've had a drink special, because that bill did add up but it's vacation. Bermuda was lovely, a bit pricey but again vacay.. We saw 2 shows that were awesome, gambled, played, laughed, loved.. First vacay together was awesome and NCL helped.

Publication Date: 05/17/12