Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by karena1

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Oasis of the Seas - May 5-12, 2012
A little about us -- we live in SW Fl and my husband is 68 and I am 55. We are Diamond Plus members. We are huge beach people and normally love heavy port itineraries, but wanted to experience Oasis. We were on the pre-inaugaral for Allure, so decided on Oasis for this trip. I was on Allure 3 weeks ago so will give a slight comparison at the end of the review

We leave our truck at Luxury Parking. We arrived in FLL around 10 am and only waited a few minutes to get on the shuttle bus to the ship. We were at the port approximately 10:30. Check in was a breeze, maybe 5 minutes. Got our embarkation photo taken, and then headed upstairs to wait in the Diamond/Pinnacle area prior to boarding. We boarded the ship around 11:15 or so.

Headed straight to the pool deck to get our first cocktail. Put our towels and such on a chair in the beach pool area, and sat down to relax. We did run into Windjammer for a quick lunch. All the food areas looked great, and we though the food in WJ was very good all week long. Also, never felt like it was crowded in there, you could always find a place to sit.

Our luggage arrived early, and we were unpacked and back up at the pool by 2 pm. Sat there the rest of the afternoon until it was time for muster. Our muster was in the Opal Dining room. Our cabin was on Deck 8, Cabin 8702, an outside balcony about midway between the elevators and the back of the ship.

After muster we went poolside to watch sailaway, then went down to get ready for the evening. We went to the Concierge Lounge every night, liked it much better in there than the Diamond Lounge. It was gorgeous and never had very many people in there. There were 2 concierges, and both were very nice and friendly. Very easy to have them make extra reservations for us.

Shows -- in one word -- Spectacular!! I saw Hairspray on Broadway and felt this show was every bit as good as that one. Oasis Dreams -- the Aqua show was amazing, so good. We felt the Headliner was okay -- a Beatle's tribute -- but that was the only one we did not think was amazing. Come Fly With Me was simply fantastic and spellbinding.

Park Cafe -- hubby loved, loved, loved the prime rib sandwich. Had it almost every day for lunch. Lots of great choices in there.

We did not do any specialty restaurants at all. We did MyTime Dining and as usual, we loved the flexibility. Our waitstaff was wonderful and took great care of us. I am pretty much a vegetarian, and they brought me a great veggie plate every night. We were totally happy with the food/service we received.

Ports -- Because we are in Nassau all the time on Majesty, and since it was such a short day there, we booked the Seahorse Snorkel Tour through the ship -- the 3 ½ hour trip. We had done it before and really enjoyed it. We feel it is good value for the price you pay. Weather was wonderful and the snorkel trip was great. Had a blast.

STT -- we love STT, unfortunately it was the only day all week the weather was bad. We went to Coki, had not been there in a while. New bathrooms are nice and kept clean. But we have decided we much prefer Sapphire and probably will not go back to Coki.

SMX -- as usual, we went to Orient. Rented our chairs/umbrella from Good Time Charlie's. Very friendly place to rent from. Totally recommend them. We always take a cooler with us, and they were fine with it, no hassles at all. Owner actually came and talked to us and thanked us for renting from there that day. Will rent from there again next year. Buckets of 6 beers are only $10 at Orient, lots of brands to choose from, so very reasonable.

Ricky Matthews was a riot as always. Really enjoyed seeing him again.

Overall, loved everything about the cruise -- but looking forward to a more port intensive cruise next year. I will answer any questions if I can.

Allure -- Oasis Comparisons -- both are fantastic ships, I honestly don't know how anyone cannot be "wowed" by these ships. The technology, entertainments, staff, etc, is simply amazing. But a few differences that I can point out

Allure -- you could buy the cooler bag and choose b/t about 8 different brands of beer. Oasis it had to be Bud products

In the beach area on Allure -- they only have the mesh loungers which I find to be slightly uncomfortable -- on Oasis, the last row was the regular loungers which is where we sat all the time

Allure -- the bar waiters have ipads or something like that so they can ring up your drinks and give you a receipt right away, Oasis does not yet have this technology.

Really not that much difference b/t the 2, very subtle. But if I had to choose, although I think both ships are amazing, I personally would give Allure the edge. Nothing I can specifically say is the reason, just some small subtle things that I liked better.

So ask away, and I will try to answer questions if I can.

Publication Date: 05/17/12