Carnival Elation Cruise Review by NewCruiser12349876: Great First Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Great First Cruise

Sail Date: May 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

After reading several bad reviews before departing, I wanted to make sure that I wrote describing my experience as I firmly believe that most people who have a great time are less likely to write a review compared to those having a bad experience.

This was both my girlfriends and I's first cruise. I found the experience great and would definitely do it again. I found the boat to be in great condition. I know that some people commented on it being an older boat. Being a boat owner myself, I know how hard sea water can be on a boat and the upkeep that is required to keep it looking good. The crew was constantly cleaning and maintaining this boat which I could appreciate it.

The Crew: I was super impressed with how friendly the crew was. I am very appreciative of good service and I felt they went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable. I at no time felt this like I was putting them out or inconveniencing them. In fact I felt like they truly More cared about my experience. They even went out of their way to remedy one problem we had. (see next section below)

The Food: I found the food to be very good with choices for all types of appetites. We ate in the dining room the 3 of the 4 nights. The first night we were sat at a table with another couple that was a little crass for our taste. They were a little on the loud side and cursed more than I cared for at dinner. Had we been in a pub I wouldn't have given it a second thought. The next afternoon I approached the maitre d' explaining the situation and asked to be moved. At dinner we were moved to a private table for two with a complementary bottle of wine. This went above and beyond in my opinion as I would have been happy just sitting else where.

Entertainment: I found it to be good. The stage shows were a little cheesy, but that isn't my taste in entertainment, so I'm sure they were fine. Some of the other entertainment was very good and the comedians were great. The casino was fun, though it was not kind to me. Luck was not on my side. You win some you lose some.

The Room: We had an interior room and it was more than enough room for just the two of us. The bed was comfortable and the room steward was great.

Cozumel: Cozumel was amazing. I had booked a private excursion not offered by the cruise line before leaving and had an amazing time bar hoping on the undeveloped windward side of the island. It was a great time. Google Cozumel Bar Hop if interested.

Overall: I was extremely pleased. My girlfriend did get a little seasick the last day. Might look into the patch from Doctor before we go again. I would definitely recommend this trip though. Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>