Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by season'dcruzer: Celebrity Silhouette way beyond expectations!!

season'dcruzer
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Transatlantic Cruises

Celebrity Silhouette way beyond expectations!!

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Other

My wife and I have been on many cruises. Most all have been very good, but this one has completely redefined what to expect from a PERFECT cruise. I admit that the port of Bayonne was difficult at best to get to, but the efficiency and organization of Celebrity's embarkation more than made up for that. From the very moment we were checked in, everything went right for the entire cruise.

From previous reviews I had read about the Silhouette, I had some preconceived notions that there may be some issues. Not true at all. The crew were all truly, honestly happy, and completely accessible, from top to bottom. This was a relatively long cruise, but we were never bored. our cabin was on deck 12, concierge class starboard on the aft hump. I had read that this cabin may be subject to some noise being below the entrance to the oceanview cafe. We never experienced any noise whatsoever. The food overall was better than expected, and the variety was excellent. We ate for most meals in More the main dining room, but the last several nights in the specialty venues. I found it very easy to negotiate deals for them.

Murano was 1st class all the way, Tuscan Grill extraordinary, and Qsine insanely unusual and completely unlike any dining experience we have ever seen, all for pennies compared to any luxury dining experience we have ever had. The ship was impeccably clean and they even had attendants in all of the public restrooms at all times. Our cabin attendant was the best ever, and we have had some good ones! The shows were all pretty good, We do appreciate the live orchestra, and this one was major professional big time. The ship had several really good lecturers throughout the cruise, and none of the activities were corny like other cruise lines put on. The interactive in room entertainment was nothing short of high tech. On demand movies, account access, room service, even viewing and/or ordering all of your shipboard photos was all right there for you. and more.

The ship is well layed out and getting around was fast and easy. I know this all sounds very sugar coated, but honestly if it wasn't this good, I can complain with the best! One small note: If you disembark in the EU anywhere, MAKE SURE to get your passport stamped by customs!! In Civitavecchia there was no one checking passports. We went right through the gate to the train station. No big deal, right? Well, the German polizia in Munich a week later didn't find it very amusing. After reconstructing and providing documentation as to all of our wherabouts throughout Italy, Spain, And Germany, and waiting for them to call for verifications, we were able to leave. This was not a fun way to spend a couple of hours before boarding a flight home. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 2108

Great view, adequate storage, oversized balcony due to being angled on the hump. Very comfortable bed, quiet. Very good service and amenities in this class.

above average. Getting around in Lisbon is easy.
Read 281 Lisbon Reviews