Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by dean k

Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: dean k
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: B4
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Cabins Not Rated

LuxuryOnly.com

Very nice but expected a little more
We booked our cruise over a year ago, with it being Cunard we knew it would be good. Which it was, however getting to the ship was stressful and a challenge within its self. We flew into Newark, cleared all us regulations within ten minutes. We got to the arrivals, to meet the transport, however no one was to be seen. Waiting for thirty minutes, a lady appeared and told us to wait. She reappeared and moved us to he road side on the upper level to meet the bus. An hour later the bus had not made it to us. I had phoned Cunard direct and they offered no help. The bus did come and forget two passengers which we returned for. The lady left the bus at Newark and we and fellow passengers were left to direct the driver to the port as he did not know where he was going as it was his first time. Three hours and thirty minutes later, we arrived rushing into the departure terminal to get the boat.

You have go agree the ship is lovely and very grand. First time and it won't be the last on the qm2. However, the daily entertainment programme was very very poor to p a o I have to say I was expecting it tone wonderful but it was not. I had gone with an openmind after reading some blogs and Facebook prior to going and I have to now say understand the negative comments this ship has received.

The food was very good, as was the service. Nothing was to much trouble for them nor did they ever look un happy.

Only did we encounter one rude member of staff, a young English man on reception. I had cause to complain about this person twice and we received a letter saying he would be given guidance, up to the last day of our cruise he had not been given this as he was still rude and off hand with us.

This ship is a wonderful example of heritage for British tradition. One I am pleased to say I have done.

But I don't think I will do the transatlantic again.

Publication Date: 05/16/12