“Southern on the Carnival Freedom - May 5, 2012”
Cruise review of Carnival Freedom

tiercel Carnival Freedom 5 Southern on the Carnival Freedom - May 5, 2012
tiercel
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
First of all I generally travel by car which means I use hotel cruise packages. I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Dania Beach which provides a free trip for 2 to the port via Ace Transportation. It was $8.00 for an extra person to the port, and $10.00 per person for the return trip. However, this aspect was handled so well I do recommend this package for Port Everglades. We were taken to and from the port very promptly. Services by hotel and transportation was A+ and recommended. Getting on the Freedom was much like other ports. We were getting on at terminal #21, and this was uneventful. The muster drill was well done, staff very friendly. Our room was clean, and our cabin steward met us promptly. He remembered all of our names and did an outstanding job. We had early seating and although our table was not in the best location our waiters were outstanding as was the food throughout the cruise. I did not eat on the lido deck very much, but everything seemed very good. On the last two sea days they attempted some special events like a taco buffett and a chocolate buffett. These events were very good, but they had problems handing the many customers. I should note we had excellent weather throughout this cruise which enhances the experience, naturally. Our first port was Grand Turk, and it had everything for my family. Ocean, pool, shopping,and it is now one of our favorite ports! La Romania was the next port where I went on an excursion with Seavis. Very well done, and recommended as well as I had a very good time and never felt lost, or worried about getting back to the ship on time. Unfortuantely, I was not well when we arrived at Aruba, so I did not venture out. I did take a tour via Carnival at Curacao on the Trolley. I enjoyed it, but our family was split up once on the trolley, despite being together on the taxis to get there. Regardless, a good experience. The ship itself was excellent. There are two adult areas with a total of 4 hot tubs and one small pool. I spent most of my time in the adult area at the rear of the ship. The shows were very good. The only change I would make is to make sure my cabin was a bit more closer to the rear elevator so I could access ship areas better. I had a great cruise and recommend the Carnival Freedom to other cruisers as well.
Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Port
This port had it all! There was a pool and chairs to use at no cost. There is access to the beach (ocean)where one can swim or snorkel. I brought my own snorkel gear and enjoyed this greatly. There is shopping as well, but prices are a bit high. Next to Half Moon Cay this is one of my favorites!
Read 1,363 Grand Turk Reviews
Published 05/15/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Freedom Review
Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?