Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by tiercel

Carnival Freedom
Member Name: tiercel
Cruise Date: May 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Southern on the Carnival Freedom - May 5, 2012
First of all I generally travel by car which means I use hotel cruise packages. I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Dania Beach which provides a free trip for 2 to the port via Ace Transportation. It was $8.00 for an extra person to the port, and $10.00 per person for the return trip. However, this aspect was handled so well I do recommend this package for Port Everglades. We were taken to and from the port very promptly. Services by hotel and transportation was A+ and recommended.

Getting on the Freedom was much like other ports. We were getting on at terminal #21, and this was uneventful. The muster drill was well done, staff very friendly. Our room was clean, and our cabin steward met us promptly. He remembered all of our names and did an outstanding job. We had early seating and although our table was not in the best location our waiters were outstanding as was the food throughout the cruise. I did not eat on the lido deck very much, but everything seemed very good. On the last two sea days they attempted some special events like a taco buffett and a chocolate buffett. These events were very good, but they had problems handing the many customers. I should note we had excellent weather throughout this cruise which enhances the experience, naturally.

Our first port was Grand Turk, and it had everything for my family. Ocean, pool, shopping,and it is now one of our favorite ports! La Romania was the next port where I went on an excursion with Seavis. Very well done, and recommended as well as I had a very good time and never felt lost, or worried about getting back to the ship on time.

Unfortuantely, I was not well when we arrived at Aruba, so I did not venture out. I did take a tour via Carnival at Curacao on the Trolley. I enjoyed it, but our family was split up once on the trolley, despite being together on the taxis to get there. Regardless, a good experience.

The ship itself was excellent. There are two adult areas with a total of 4 hot tubs and one small pool. I spent most of my time in the adult area at the rear of the ship. The shows were very good. The only change I would make is to make sure my cabin was a bit more closer to the rear elevator so I could access ship areas better. I had a great cruise and recommend the Carnival Freedom to other cruisers as well.

Publication Date: 05/15/12