Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Sasha22: Mostly a good experience

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Mostly a good experience

Sail Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

Overall the cruise was good. The first night was very windy and we got sea sick. After getting the pills from the front desk we were fine. Everything about the cruise was pretty good except for not getting the onboard credit I was told I would get. I was supposed to get 2 seperate onboard credits for participating in 2 different promotions. One was $75 from Expedia and the other was $92.58 from Carnival. the very first day on the ship I called customer service just to confirm that I was getting 2 seperate credits since I only saw 1 applied to the sail & sign account. The customer service rep stated very clearly to me that I was getting both credits. So I spent extra money that I normally wouldn't have spent because I was anticipating the onboard credit. By the end of the week I still hadn't received the 2nd credit and so I talked to customer service again. I showed them the paperwork I had showing that I was owwd 2 credits and they assured me that I would get it. Finally the morning More of arriving back in Tampa I went to customer service again. I was told that I was owed the credit but I would have to call Carnival's 800# when I got home because the financial dept wouldn't have enough time to handle it on the ship but they have it on file that I'm owed the money and Carnival will send me a check. I recorded the entire conversation so I would have proof of what I was being told(I told him my phone was on). So of course when I call Carnival they tell me that the credit was given to me because what they did was take my $75 credit from expedia and add two $8.79 credits from some fuel overage and that equals $92.58. so their logic is that I was never owed 2 seperate credits I was only owed one $92.58 credit for the beginning. So it didn't matter what I was told by cutomer service the 4 different times I talked to them on the ship. They're smart because THEY GOT ME TO SPEND MONEY THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE NORMALLY SPENT BY TELLING ME I HAD MORE CREDIT THAN I DID. My advice to anyone with an onboard credit is to make sure you get everything in writing because their word means nothing even if you have it recorded and can prove it they don't care. It's unfortunate because I had a good time but if I cruise again I will definitely look into a different cruise line. I don't like feeling duped nor do I like a company that doesn't honor it's promises and I was promised by the customer service rep on the ship that it was to seperate credits that would be added to my account.
My other advice is to do your excursions with private tour companies. We paid half price(sometimes even less than half) for the same tours that Carnival offers. The groups are smaller and you get more out of it.
When I get time I will upload photos(I took over 200). Feel free to message me with any questions. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Balcony Verandah 7171

I liked our cabin 7171

I don't remember the name of the tour company but it was right there at the port when you first get off the ship. Our tour guide's name was Wallace and he was great. It was just me and my boyfriend and Wallace and he took us on a city/country tour and then to the Altun Ha Mayan Ruins. The tour cost us $50 each and it was worth it. Much cheaper than what the cruise line was charging and we got 1 on 1 attention from our guide.

Beach Break

(3)
The tour we took gave us the option to get off at the beach. They said it was only $5 taxi ride back for both of us but that was a lie. The taxi charges $5 each to ride back to port.

Hell

(3)
I wasn't too impressed with the island.
Read 34 Hell Reviews

(5.5)
This is the most beautiful island I've ever been to. We did our tour through a private tour company. I don't remeber the name but when at the port we walked down the walk way and to the right where the booth was. Our tour guide's name was Yolanda. it was just us and one other couple in a van. This tour only cost us $20 each and we got to ride arouns the island and then do 2 hours at Tabyana beach. The cruise line was charging over $100 for this tour. They advertise Tabyana beach as a private beach but only part of it is private so don't fall for it. Do an outside tour and you will save a ton of money.
Read 1651 Roatan Reviews