Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Sasha22

Cabin Category: 8K
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated

Mostly a good experience
Overall the cruise was good. The first night was very windy and we got sea sick. After getting the pills from the front desk we were fine. Everything about the cruise was pretty good except for not getting the onboard credit I was told I would get. I was supposed to get 2 seperate onboard credits for participating in 2 different promotions. One was $75 from Expedia and the other was $92.58 from Carnival. the very first day on the ship I called customer service just to confirm that I was getting 2 seperate credits since I only saw 1 applied to the sail & sign account. The customer service rep stated very clearly to me that I was getting both credits. So I spent extra money that I normally wouldn't have spent because I was anticipating the onboard credit. By the end of the week I still hadn't received the 2nd credit and so I talked to customer service again. I showed them the paperwork I had showing that I was owwd 2 credits and they assured me that I would get it. Finally the morning of arriving back in Tampa I went to customer service again. I was told that I was owed the credit but I would have to call Carnival's 800# when I got home because the financial dept wouldn't have enough time to handle it on the ship but they have it on file that I'm owed the money and Carnival will send me a check. I recorded the entire conversation so I would have proof of what I was being told(I told him my phone was on). So of course when I call Carnival they tell me that the credit was given to me because what they did was take my $75 credit from expedia and add two $8.79 credits from some fuel overage and that equals $92.58. so their logic is that I was never owed 2 seperate credits I was only owed one $92.58 credit for the beginning. So it didn't matter what I was told by cutomer service the 4 different times I talked to them on the ship. They're smart because THEY GOT ME TO SPEND MONEY THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE NORMALLY SPENT BY TELLING ME I HAD MORE CREDIT THAN I DID. My advice to anyone with an onboard credit is to make sure you get everything in writing because their word means nothing even if you have it recorded and can prove it they don't care. It's unfortunate because I had a good time but if I cruise again I will definitely look into a different cruise line. I don't like feeling duped nor do I like a company that doesn't honor it's promises and I was promised by the customer service rep on the ship that it was to seperate credits that would be added to my account.

My other advice is to do your excursions with private tour companies. We paid half price(sometimes even less than half) for the same tours that Carnival offers. The groups are smaller and you get more out of it.

When I get time I will upload photos(I took over 200). Feel free to message me with any questions.

Publication Date: 05/14/12