Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by pooldot

Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: pooldot
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: C2
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Another One Checked Off Of My Bucket List
My sister and I decided to be adventuresome and the 2 week Trans-Atlantic cruise aboard the Celebrity Silhouette. We began our cruise out of Bayonne, New Jersey. When we pulled into the area where the cars were lining up with the passengers to embark, I was somewhat anxious that the process would take over an hour or more. But, to our surprise, the cars moved forward at a nice pace and within 15 minutes, we parked under a large canopy and started to unload our luggage. Before we knew it, a porter was by our side ready to help us with my wheel chair and our luggage. In a matter of minutes, we were through customs and security and on board.

I was in 1022 (an accessible room) and my sister had a stateroom next to me. Our stateroom attendants were there within minutes introducing themselves and asking us if we needed anything. When we asked them to remove the partition between our two balconies, it was done in a flash. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of my stateroom and the size of the bathroom.

Once we unpacked, we took off to have lunch with some of the cruise critic members that we had met online. I had rented a scooter from special Needs at Sea and was surprised to find that it was not working properly. Guest relations brought me a replacement. Thank God.

The bed and pillows could not have been any nicer. We knew that the food in the main dining room was going to be mediocre based upon the reviews that we'd read, so we made reservations at the specialty restaurants for most of our meals. We found that Bistro on Five to be one of the best values. Also, the Tuscan Grill had 2 for one nights that we took advantage of as well. The food in these specialty restaurants could not have been better and the service was impeccable.

We only saw one of the shows that featured a very talented man that was the runner-up to Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent. Most evenings we found ourselves chatting with folks seated next to us at dinner. Everybody that we met were delightful and a lot of fun to get to know. We did venture into the 14Th floor lounge area and saw some of the guests and officer shows which had us in stitches.

Publication Date: 05/14/12
Read the Transatlantic ports review by pooldot
More Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews