“MSC Lirica - Southern Caribbean”
Cruise review of MSC Lirica

Linda Knecht MSC Lirica 2 MSC Lirica - Southern Caribbean
Linda Knecht
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This is the only cruise I have ever gone on that the food was only adequate. We were very disappointed. Being an Italian line, we expected great Italian food. Not so. Other items were disappointing too. I ordered a baked apple for breakfast and it was hard as a rock. One night at dinner the wild rice was raw. On and on. The drinks were watered down. One of our group ordered an extra shot on the side and it was watered down, so it was the bottle. We learned quickly to order beer or wine because you knew what you were getting. Is this on all the MSC ships, or only on the Lirica?

The cabins were adequate, but no hand cream was included. We requested some and were told that it was not provided. We bought some in a drugstore in San Juan.

The entertainment staff was great and so were the shows. I am a big rock and roll fan and always look forward to the dances. It was the only one I have ever left because I did not enjoy it.

It is a nuisance to hear everything in 5 languages. It takes forever to hear instructions for anything. Bingo for example.

Our biggest complaint was that if you needed change for tips for the staff, you had to get your money at a particular time or there would be a charge. To be charged a fee to tip the staff?? Very tacky. If I had to pay a fee, I would not have tipped at all. I did tip, however.

I would not recommend MSC, nor would I go on another cruise with their line.

Overall Ratings

Published 08/25/05
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s MSC Lirica Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?