Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by LuxurySeekerNorwich: A stunning mini break on the QM2 to Le Havre and Zeebrugge

LuxurySeekerNorwich
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise to Nowhere Cruises

A stunning mini break on the QM2 to Le Havre and Zeebrugge

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Embarkation: Southampton

In my mind, this appears to be.... 'the mother of all ships'. I'm interested to see that there are other large liners on here that get higher votes. I like that. It gives me other options. This ship is immense, beautiful, and finished to a very very high standard.

We selected club dining so had a table that we could use at anytime. It really worked for us. The staff were brilliant. The wine waiter Jakob was fantastic. We couldn't have asked for more. Nothing was too much trouble. Jakob took us on a journey each evening with our wine choices. He knew roughly what we liked so we accepted his choice. Very very entertaining. Stunning food. Fantastic dining area. We loved it.

The entertainment onboard was equally as fantastic. There was sooo much choice. The Red Lion pub quizzes were a big hit. The bands playing in the various bars equally good. A cinema on board with a few hundred seats. A fantastic theatre. A beautiful ballroom. We loved the black tie captains evening. We More loved Blake on the last night. Lots of stuff to keep people entertained whilst crossing the Oceans, (not for me I'd rather get on once it's crossed).

LeHavre was a pleasant enough port. Not much there. I wanted to visit Hornfleur but with so much to see on the ship in such a small time slot we decided not to. Brugge was beautiful. A lovely lovely city. We took a cab from the side of the QM2 and used the same people to get back.

We loved every minute of this once onboard. A little glitch getting on board as the ship wasn't ready and we kind of got stuck for a couple of hours in a holding area in Southampton. Not too much of a problem though. Thank you Cunard for creating a really special experience. Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Britannia Club Balcony Deck 12 12031

A beautiful room. Given the choice again I'd always want to be this high and have a balcony. It really gives you a feel for the immense size of this liner. Beautifully decorated and well thought out. A storage place for everything, all neatly tucked away to maximise the space available. Nice sized balcony. Just the ticket.