“A stunning mini break on the QM2 to Le Havre and Zeebrugge”
Cruise review of Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

LuxurySeekerNorwich Queen Mary 2 (QM2) 5 A stunning mini break on the QM2 to Le Havre and Zeebrugge
LuxurySeekerNorwich
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
In my mind, this appears to be.... 'the mother of all ships'. I'm interested to see that there are other large liners on here that get higher votes. I like that. It gives me other options. This ship is immense, beautiful, and finished to a very very high standard. We selected club dining so had a table that we could use at anytime. It really worked for us. The staff were brilliant. The wine waiter Jakob was fantastic. We couldn't have asked for more. Nothing was too much trouble. Jakob took us on a journey each evening with our wine choices. He knew roughly what we liked so we accepted his choice. Very very entertaining. Stunning food. Fantastic dining area. We loved it. The entertainment onboard was equally as fantastic. There was sooo much choice. The Red Lion pub quizzes were a big hit. The bands playing in the various bars equally good. A cinema on board with a few hundred seats. A fantastic theatre. A beautiful ballroom. We loved the black tie captains evening. We loved Blake on the last night. Lots of stuff to keep people entertained whilst crossing the Oceans, (not for me I'd rather get on once it's crossed). LeHavre was a pleasant enough port. Not much there. I wanted to visit Hornfleur but with so much to see on the ship in such a small time slot we decided not to. Brugge was beautiful. A lovely lovely city. We took a cab from the side of the QM2 and used the same people to get back. We loved every minute of this once onboard. A little glitch getting on board as the ship wasn't ready and we kind of got stuck for a couple of hours in a holding area in Southampton. Not too much of a problem though. Thank you Cunard for creating a really special experience.
Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Nowhere
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

AC12031
A beautiful room. Given the choice again I'd always want to be this high and have a balcony. It really gives you a feel for the immense size of this liner. Beautifully decorated and well thought out. A storage place for everything, all neatly tucked away to maximise the space available. Nice sized balcony. Just the ticket.
Published 05/15/12
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review
Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Nowhere
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?