Island Princess Cruise Review by chrischarlestaylor

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Island Princess Cruise Review by chrischarlestaylor
Island Princess
Island Princess
Member Name: chrischarlestaylor
Cruise Date: April 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: JJ
Cabin Number: c617
See More About: Island Princess Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Island Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Island Princess Deck Plans
Perfect to the last detai!
I cannot say enough good things about this Voyage.

Embarkation was a breeze, the staff very welcoming and friendly.

Food: Every now and then you get one or two days that the dinner was just not up to par, but I cannot say that about the Island Princess. Every single meal, from the appetizer, to main course and desert, every single meal every single day, was flawless. The dinning staff were amazing in the Provence Dinning Room, very accommodating, friendly, and went above and beyond more than once.

Sabatini's is always a treat, very attentive service stellar food. The Bayou Cafe was new to me and I absolutely love it, described by my traveling companion as the best dinner he ever had! Spicy Cajun style cuisine is a must when cruising this ship.

Entertainment: Magnitude, the band from St Lucia, was amazing, they kept us entertained all over the ship, from the pool side tunes to late night dancing, I look forward to seeing them on other cruises.

The comedians were great, production shows a little boring, this may be because they were the same shows I saw on my last cruise.

Rooms: Small of course, being in an inside room, but comfortable, clean, well maintained, and our Steward Herman, was fantastic, always had a smile on his face, greeted us by name every time he saw us, did not waist one minute after we left the room to clean it.

Ship: The Island Princess is a Beautiful ship, so similar to other Princess ships you will find you way around easily. We entered in the Grand Atrium, quite a treat for my traveling companion who has never been on a cruise before, the 4 story spectacle is far more impressive than other Princess ships.

This ship has been very well maintained, everything was very clean, nothing looked worn or used, I was very Impressed.

Familiar dinning rooms make you feel comfortable in this intimate atmosphere. I did not use the buffet I prefer the fixed dinning and getting to know my table mates and servers.

Lounges: Explorers Lounge was one of our favorites with live music and entertainment nightly. The universe lounge hosted some great shows, however you need seats close to the stage or the sight lines are not very good, especially on the second level, you will see nothing.

The Crooners martini bar was a favorite for pre dinner cocktails, the Wheelhouse a wonderful nautical atmosphere with rich woods and traditional furniture, hosting live music this was a fantastic place for dancing and drinks with new friends.

One thing I missed on this ship was a proper night club, after 11pm forget about any nightlife.

Anyone who says anything bad about this ship, its staff or this particular cruise must re evaluate what is important in life. Everything was amazing in every way! I cannot recommended this ship enough to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation.

Publication Date: 05/14/12