“Beautiful ship and wonderful staff”
Cruise review of Celebrity Eclipse

Kathy Robbins Celebrity Eclipse 5 Beautiful ship and wonderful staff
Kathy Robbins
Member Since
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
First come the staff, what totally amazing guys they are. From 68 (I think) countries and every single one we met, polite, efficient, accommodating, professional, really not enough adjectives. In particular, our room stewards (Butler) Richard, and Mark. also, Alvaro and Magdalena (Molecular bar), Nenad and all staff (Murano), Jona and crew (main restaurant), all the staff in both Tuscan Grill and Quisine. So many to mention and some names have slipped my mind. But they were all great, well done celebrity on staff selection and training. Dining in all areas was fine (main restaurant didn't suit us but was beautiful). The personal service in the speciality restaurants is outstanding. I'm a vegetarian and absolutely every effort was made for me, I felt pretty special!! Stay away from the buffet on Deck 12 if you're not keen on crowds jostling for food! Except in quiet times when it's ok. The food available is brilliant if you can stand the hussle. The cruise itself was great, such scenery, and weather of all types. In Oslo it was warm enough to breakfast on the balcony which was just lovely. The suite we had also had a jacuzzi bath and, yes, we managed to take 2 or 3 dips whilst at sea, was really great. Service in the suites is marvelous, I felt a little guilty being looked after so well. The room was always immaculate, and Richard gave us a brief rundown of anything he thought might interest us. Well I could go on for ages, but sufice to say, it was money well spent for my 50th, met some great people (mostly at Molecular cocktail bar) ranging from age 20 to 50ish, saw some spectacular scenery and spent a week hanging out on a very stylish, comfortable, elegant ship. We were never crowded despite the 2700 passengers, always got a seat at the bar (forgot to mention Barbara in Martins Bar), never queued for anything. Embarkation and debarkation was a breeze. I have only one tiny negative, on the last sea day the atmosphere on board changed amongst the passengers and crew in the public areas(a bit odd), we found staying in our room, having room service whilst watching tv was the most relaxing option. All in all, a great experience which I can recommend. My husband just wants to get back on board as soon as possible.
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Royal Suite

RS1614
Our cabin was superb. Take as much as you want (there's room) I kept all my things in the walk in closet next to the bedroom and my husband used the wardrobe and cupboards in the lounge. The bed was extremely comfortable and we were never disturbed by noise. We were on deck 11 and you may get more noise from above on a warm cruise where more use is made of the top deck. Our lounge/dining area was lovely, plenty of room, made spending time there very enjoyable. We ate at the table, made drinks at the wet bar, also there is a guest loo by the entrance which is handy. The bathroom was great, lovely shower, jacuzzi bath, two sinks, can't fault it. The balcony was sheltered, spacious, we managed to sunbathe a couple of times and use the outside jacuzzi a few times to, for a Norwegian cruise I think that's pretty good. Our Butler Richard was first rate, helpful, always available but never intrusive. The only thing that could improve this room would be opening window/door in the bedroom, I don't like sleeping in a/c. All in all, a fantastic room which won't disappoint. By the way (for the complainers) if there's something you need, just ask! you'll get it. Slippers, tea (on demand) laundry services etc etc. You do get a lot of extras in this suite, but I won't say what, it's nice to have surprises, but just a note, don't buy internet or drinks packages before boarding, what a while, there are perks to the Royal Suite!! Oh and there is an ipod player, and fantastic music on the TV which we played all the time (no one complained so the rooms are well soundproofed)

Port
Walked through the town, took the train up the hillside and walked back down (took about 50 minutes) great scenery, lovely place to visit.
Read 335 Bergen Reviews
Port
Beautiful scenery, wandered steep route to next village then back the easy way, a lovely day.
Read 130 Flam Reviews
Port
Before Oslo we visited Geiranger (not on the list) walked up hill to The union hotel, had a lovely beer on the veranda whilst admiring the view. I feel a bit ashamed to say we didn't disembark in Oslo. the ship docks right in the city next to the Castle, our room overlooked the castle and it was such a lovely warm morning (sheltered on our balcony) that we took a leisurely breakfast out there then went to the gym for an hour or two followed by a jacuzzi on the balcony whilst admiring an arial view of the city, couldn't really ask for more. Was a perfect day.
Read 224 Oslo Reviews
Published 05/14/12
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Eclipse Review
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?