Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Kathy Robbins

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Kathy Robbins
Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: Kathy Robbins
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: RS
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Beautiful ship and wonderful staff
First come the staff, what totally amazing guys they are. From 68 (I think) countries and every single one we met, polite, efficient, accommodating, professional, really not enough adjectives. In particular, our room stewards (Butler) Richard, and Mark. also, Alvaro and Magdalena (Molecular bar), Nenad and all staff (Murano), Jona and crew (main restaurant), all the staff in both Tuscan Grill and Quisine. So many to mention and some names have slipped my mind. But they were all great, well done celebrity on staff selection and training.

Dining in all areas was fine (main restaurant didn't suit us but was beautiful). The personal service in the speciality restaurants is outstanding. I'm a vegetarian and absolutely every effort was made for me, I felt pretty special!! Stay away from the buffet on Deck 12 if you're not keen on crowds jostling for food! Except in quiet times when it's ok. The food available is brilliant if you can stand the hussle.

The cruise itself was great, such scenery, and weather of all types. In Oslo it was warm enough to breakfast on the balcony which was just lovely. The suite we had also had a jacuzzi bath and, yes, we managed to take 2 or 3 dips whilst at sea, was really great. Service in the suites is marvelous, I felt a little guilty being looked after so well. The room was always immaculate, and Richard gave us a brief rundown of anything he thought might interest us.

Well I could go on for ages, but sufice to say, it was money well spent for my 50th, met some great people (mostly at Molecular cocktail bar) ranging from age 20 to 50ish, saw some spectacular scenery and spent a week hanging out on a very stylish, comfortable, elegant ship. We were never crowded despite the 2700 passengers, always got a seat at the bar (forgot to mention Barbara in Martins Bar), never queued for anything.

Embarkation and debarkation was a breeze.

I have only one tiny negative, on the last sea day the atmosphere on board changed amongst the passengers and crew in the public areas(a bit odd), we found staying in our room, having room service whilst watching tv was the most relaxing option.

All in all, a great experience which I can recommend. My husband just wants to get back on board as soon as possible.

Publication Date: 05/14/12