Carnival Pride 5

“Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera”
Cruise review of Carnival Pride

Swiss305

Overall Member Rating

This was the first cruise for myself, my husband and my teenage daughter. We didn't know what to expect but had heard horror sthe tories on this very site about every aspect of cruising. The Carnival embarkation process in Long Beach was very organized and moved as quickly as can be expected when there are more than a thousand people to check in and all that luggage to stow aboard. We were warmly welcomed aboard the Pride, a delightful, clean and well-maintained ship.

Our stateroom was surprisingly large and the space well-planned. We had a balcony room and we thoroughly enjoyed the balcony. My daughter was delighted by the towel animals.

All of the food was good and plentiful. I didn't encounter a single crew member who was unfriendly or unhelpful. Steve, the Cruise Director, was very funny and lots of fun when he led various activities.

My only criticisms, which I relayed to the crew before departing, are: 1) I think Carnival could afford to provide More bottled drinking water in the staterooms without charging for it and 2) when the ship is in port it pretty much shuts down. If you are not inclined or not able to go ashore, you better have a good book. I think they need to provide activities for those who stay aboard. Otherwise, this is a really fun, relaxing trip. Truly a Fun Ship. Less

Carnival Pride Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Published 08/25/05

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review

Carnival Pride Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?