Carnival Dream Cruise Review by stephyloveday

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Rates 5+

I could not ask for more!
We traveled with 2 families in 2 rooms... My husband and I with our 4 yr old in one, and his mother and sister in another. We had a Deluxe Ocean View and it was great, plenty of room for everything to be unpacked and luggage to be stored under the bed!

Arriving at Port Canaveral - I dropped off our party and all our luggage at the port around 9:30 AM, then took the car to the park n cruise that is just back across the bridge... Very simple, easy and saved quite a bit of money. They taxied me back and within 20 minutes we were on our way to check in.. They started calling zones around 10:30 AM and by 11 we were up on Lido enjoying lunch! We carried on our allotted amounts of water and cokes and although our rooms were not ready until 1:30 the room stewards let us go ahead and put them in our rooms to keep from having to lug them around!

The ship is much larger than any other ship we have sailed having only sailed previously in the Fantasy class of ships. It is BEAUTIFUL! We had over 4200 hundred on board and over 2200 were past guests and at no time other than the initial sail-away did this ship ever feel crowded! Deck chairs were easy to come by, even on sea days! The lines for the water slide (which my 4 yr old enjoyed so much) were never more that 5 or 6 people long!

The ports were nice! Nassau, we had been here many times before so were just ran through the straw market that they just re-opened about 6 mos ago... much nicer than it was last time we were there! There were 5 ships in port that day and we didn't have much time, so we spent more time on than off this ship that day!

St. Thomas - was pretty from a distance, and we took a taxi to Sapphire Beach about $10 per person each way with a taxi, chair rental is $7 each. My daughter loved playing in the sand, but if I go back to this island I will definitely choose a different place to go.

St. Maarten - BEAUTIFUL Island! We went with Bernard's Tours here and it was great! It was $40 per person and it is a 5 hour tour, which turned in to around 5.5 hrs... They are very informative and super nice. Drinks are included with your price and you get 2 hours at the beach, get to see the capitals on both sides of the island, and then they take you to see the planes land at Maho Beach... This was really worth it. We could have spent the day here watching the planes come in and take off!

Over all I have ZERO complaints, The comedy shows are great, the comedy host Jeff "The Fun Dude" not so much. The waitstaff, the stewards and every single person I came in contact with were just super nice! Our head waitress "Dee" was the best service I have ever had on any ship ever... My daughter has even said she misses her since we have been home! She really made this trip special! I can't speak for everyone that cruises this ship but I can say, I would take this exact cruise on this exact ship again! Like I said.. I could not have asked for more!

Publication Date: 05/15/12