Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by CruzNewby

Cabin Category: 8E
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Sailing on the Liberty
This was my first cruise, so I don't have anything to compare this to, but I did have some expectations.

First let me say that the embarkation process went incredibly fast. When we first got to the port authority building in Ft. Lauderdale, and I saw all those people in line, I thought it would take hours. It didn't. I think we were on board the ship within 30 minutes of walking in the door of the port authority.

When we first got on the ship, we were sent to the Lido deck (9) for lunch and it was amazing. I'd never seen so much great looking food!! If I had it my way, we'd have eaten all our meals from the Lido deck buffets. There was something for everybody's tastes. I wasn't so impressed with eating dinner in the dining room. The selection is so limited, and there were 2 nights out of the 7 that I had to get 2 'starters' to make my dinner. Some may like what the dining room serves. I did not. But the view of the sea is incredible. We were seated in Gusti's (Goose) section and the service was second to none. Initially we'd been seated in Marie An's section, and the service was so horrible that my Aunt complained to the hostess. So, if you can, avoid her section. We gave her 3 tries, and she struck out every time. It took us literally 2 hours to be served dinner.

I didn't much care for the way the Liberty is laid out. There are certain areas of the ship that you cannot get to by way of the elevators or stairs on the floor those areas are located. We'd have to go up one deck, cross that deck and take an elevator down to reach some areas. That got to be very frustrating.

Disembarkation was not as easy as embarkation. It was very confusing trying to figure out where we needed to disembark the ship, then finding our way there (see above comment concerning the ship lay out).

I don't know that I'd cruise on the Liberty again. It's very pretty, but that isn't enough to make me a loyal Liberty cruiser.

Publication Date: 05/14/12