Ryndam Cruise Review by Christine Kirby: Very dissapointed.

Christine Kirby
0 Post

Compare Prices on Ryndam Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

Very dissapointed.

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Other

I booked this cruise line, as I was expecting a 5 star experience, and thought I was paying for just that. We have cruised with many of the better cruise companies, and really expected Holland America to compare favourably. How wrong we were.

On entering the ship, It immediately looked shoddy and tired. Our cabin was good, but even that looked in need of a re vamp.

The Rotterdam restaurant had no wow factor like other cruise lines, and the staff what there were of them, were dressed more like cleaners than waiters, in cargo trousers, big heavy boots and a tunic. Even on formal nights they looked no better. We had just one waiter, and a wine waiter who were really rushed off their feet.

The show consisted of two dancers and a few singers, who had absolutely no continuity, and didn't know how to put a show together.

We shared a table with four other people who were 3 star Mariners, and always cruised with Holland America, and they were also More disappointed at the service they had received.

After two days most of the wines on the Navigator package were unavailable, the Grolsh beer ran out after one day. The food was lukewarm when it was served.

I could go on and on, having been used to travelling with Princess, Celebrity and RCL, I was shocked at the standard of this cruise line.

There is no way I would wish to cruise with Holland America again, and certainly would never recommend them. Less

Read more Ryndam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ryndam Review >>

Cabin review: Ryndam Verandah Sutie Verandah 197

The cabin was comfortable, plenty of hanging space, and drawers. Our cabin was classed as a verandah suite with whirlpool bath, to be honest I would far sooner of had just a shower, as you had to step into the bath to shower, which could be awkward for older passengers. Beds very comfortable, with a selection of pillows. Our cabin was at the back of the ship, which unfortunately was noisy.

(5)
Oslo was a very nice town. Spotlessly clean, but extremely expensive.
Read 145 Oslo Reviews