Carnival Glory Cruise Review by gloryfun12

Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

An amazing experience
During the summers of 1997 and 1998, I had the pleasure of working for Camp Carnival aboard the Sensation. I was hoping to have been placed on the Imagination my second summer so I could experience the Western Caribbean. ever since that time I always hoped I could come back to experience the western side of the Caribbean.

My friend and I had been thinking about travelling to the Caribbean but we couldn't decide where so we went to a travel show and to meet our individual needs we decided that the Carnival Glory was the destination. I was excited to experience my first cruise as a passenger.

On April 29th, she and I embarked the Carnival Glory. We didn't let a downpour dampen our spirits as we made our way through the pier and onto the ship. We had a nice cabin with a small window at the aft of the ship. We spent our first two days exploring the ship.

All the staff were exceptional in their own way. The cruise director was funny and very informative. I loved waking up to hearing his voice. Our steward knew us by name and was always checking in when he saw us to see how our room was.

There was so much to do that there was no way we could have fit everything into the week. The food was awesome no matter where we ate. We ate lunch at the red sail restaurant or in port and for dinner we looked forward to the late sitting where we met a great group of girls. Julio and his assistant waiter were great. The waiters amazed us with their dance moves and singing throughout the cruise. For breakfast we did room service, lido buffet and even a morning at the platinum dining room.

While in ports we spent most of the day on carnival excursions. Cozumel was beautiful. We enjoyed zip lining and snorkeling. We had to tender into Belize and Grand Cayman. A bit disappointed with the tendering in Grand Cayman. It took way to long to get people on and off the tender.

At night we would relax in our cabin and then get dressed for night time activities. We usually would stop in one of the lounges for some music before dinner. After dinner we would head to a nightly show. All were good but my two favorites had to be the Illusionist and the Rock and Roll show. After the show we would head into one of the lounges for a bit before heading off to bed.

I really don't have too many complaints except that I wish I could still be on the ship. Met lots of great people and the excursions were amazing.

Next time if I were to cruise i would lounge out on deck and hit the beaches and not do the excursions.

I would cruise again in a heartbeat. My next goal is to take my child on a Disney cruise although they are much more expensive, so it could entice me to bring him on a Carnival cruise during the summer when there are more kids on board for him to meet at Camp Carnival.

Embarkation and debarkation were easy. Transfers to and from the ship were sufficient and I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone,

Publication Date: 05/13/12