Golden Princess Cruise Review by Dmausa: Well Deserved Vacation From Grand Coulee Washington

Dmausa
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Golden Princess Hawaii Cruises

Well Deserved Vacation From Grand Coulee Washington

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Although I have been on other cruises (one's that the entire ship is grey with white number's on the side of it) This was my first cruise on a cruise ship. My wife and were spending our 24th anniversary on the Golden Princess 14 day cruise to paradise (Hawaii). The night before we sailed we flew from Spokane Washington to Los Angeles, took the Super Shuttle to the hotel in San Pedro. The hotel was the San Pedro Inn & Suites. The next morning we took the hotel shuttle to the pier where the Golden Princess was, this was about 10:30 or so, we gave our luggage to the porter and started the check in process. At about 11:30 we were in group 2 to embark the ship and was in our stateroom by noon or so.

The stateroom was perfect size for the both of us, and was very clean. We had anytime dinning which was great. We only ate in the dinning room once and was seated right away with no waiting. The food was great in the dinning room and in the buffet. For a quick snack before bedtime More Trident grill for hot dogs and hamburgers, and for desert either the International Cafe or the Sundries on the 14th deck was great. We were really impressed of the food choices and places to eat.

As for entertainment on board during sea days it was what you made of it. We went to bingo, we watched movies under the stars, went to the casino (The slights were a little tight), went to different activities that I can't remember them all, but the bottom line is we were never board. The shore excursions that we took on all of the Islands were fantastic.

We booked all of the shore excursions through the ship for security purposes. Over all We really enjoyed ourselves, and loved it so much, we placed a future cruise deposit. We have booked the same cruise and ship to Hawaii in December 2012. Princess really did a great job, and I want to say we did "Escape Completely. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Golden Princess Oceanview Obstructed Emerald Deck E320

Our cabin was considered as a fully obstructed ocean view that was great for the both of us. We still had great scenery out the window, besides we did not spend much time in the cabin. The bathroom, especially the shower was a little cramped. The closet and storage was plenty. Overall for the money that we paid it was a good deal.

Could of and should have stayed on the ship at this port. I would have preferred to have more time in Maui than to stop here. In my opinion Ensenada is over rated, at-least where we were.
Read 246 Ensenada Reviews

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

(4)
Learning about Hawaii Volcanoes was very interesting. The tour guide was very kind and was very knowledgeable. It was kind of disappointing not seeing any lava, but we did get a great picture of a volcano smoking in the back ground. The nut farm was OK.

Mighty Mo

(5)
This excursion was awesome, especially Uncle Ted from Roberts Hawaii bus #630. Seeing the Mighty Mo in person was really breath taking. The size of the guns in real life compared to seeing them in pictures is awesome.

Pearl Harbor

I've been on the Arizona Memorial before (22 years ago) and I teared up (Both times). After the movie they show before you take a tender out to the actual memorial. The only thing that upsets me the most is the orientals while on the memorial do not adhere to the cell phones off, and quietness that should be observed. Other than that this was an outstanding excursion.

Pearl Harbor

(5)
Ford Island where the Mighty Mo is berthed was interesting. Uncle Ted told us about the forgotten ship (USS Utah), and the baby girl. I never heard the story before and would like to share it but I can't remember how exactly it went, so I best not pass on bad info.

Wailua River

(4)
We were expecting a little more, but it was a good cruise up the river to the fern grotto. The performers going to the Fern Grotto and at the Fern Grotto were awesome. The scenery was great.

Whale Watching

(5)
I recommend this to families with kids interested in wildlife. We seen a few whales but was disappointed that none of them breeched completely, they just teased us with their tails, and did a couple of fin slaps. But over all it was a good excursion. After we were dropped off at the pier, and we did the city tour which was very informative and relaxing.