Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Abuelita2012

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Abuelita2012
Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: Abuelita2012
Cruise Date: April 2012
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: C1
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Trans-Atlantic Celebrity Eclipse Cruise
I have made 104 cruises on all types of ships but the Celebrity Eclipse was my first super sized ship. I boarded in Miami and very shortly made new friends as I had checked into Cruise Critic prior to boarding and found the people I met there to be very friendly and introduced me to the Cruise Critic events planned for the days at sea.

I booked a balcony room at the stern of the ship where my balcony overlooked the wake. This was an ideal location as it was so quiet and provided great views when coming into port. I was in a conciege class cabin and enjoyed the daily appetizers that were served in my room. Also fresh flowers and fruit provided daily.

Although the ship was enormous, it was so well organized, I didn't have to stand in line when having breakfast or lunch in the buffet. The crew of this ship impressed me with their efficiency and smiling greetings throughout the trip during good weather and bad.

I had Captain's Club status and found the reception for frequent cruisers to be the best I have seen on any of the ships I have cruised on. Usually only drinks are served but on the Celebrity Eclipse a full lunch was provided with entertainment by the ship's singers and band.

I always attend art instruction and the classes on the Eclipse were so popular that I had to go early to get a seat.

Although the sea was a bit rough and there was much rain throughout the cruise, the crossing was just right for me. A wonderfully comfortable and pleasant way to cross the Atlantic at a price much less than business class air trip.

I found the food in the dining room was outstanding and the waiter at my table took a great interest in recommending dishes each night and serving our table of six very efficiently.

The interior decoration of this ship is understated and a good example of modern design. The Eclipse in indeed a beautiful ship.

Publication Date: 05/12/12