Wind Surf Cruise Review by LuxurySeekerNorwich: An amazing week on Wind Surf, amazing staff, food & schedule

LuxurySeekerNorwich
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Wind Surf Eastern Caribbean Cruises

An amazing week on Wind Surf, amazing staff, food & schedule

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: St. Maarten

This is as good as it gets. An amazing ship, amazing staff, fantastic itinerary, wonderful guests. Plus look out for our next, (complete contrast), review as we were on the ship for 2 weeks.

It's hard to know where to start. A truly stunning week. We arrived in St Maarten from the UK on Friday and boarded on Saturday. Our cabin was lovely. Boarding was fairly seamless. We started to feel our way around. Checked out the restaurants, gym etc. Had a beer by the pool bar looking forward to setting sail that evening. We ate at the fish restaurant the first night. It was good but not as good as the main restaurant which we loved. We thought the main restaurant was really special.

Leaving St Maarten was dramatic. We soon learned that every night we set sail they play the tune used in Hunt For Red October, (Hymn to the red army), as the sails unwind. All about the experience.

We loved the fact that as this was a smaller sailing ship we could get into the more quaint More smaller ports. I've noted the ports of call below. We did a few trips, we explored some gorgeous places, we had lots of sun, enjoyed the beers and wines on board, enjoyed the food on board, and loved the sailing. As the days went by we gradually met more and more people, got to know the staff, (they get to know you), and had a stunning stunning time. 10 out of 10. As good as it gets.

A huge huge huge thank you to Captain John and all the staff and guests on board for creating an amazing week. A fantastic bunch of staff with at least 30 that were worth naming plus all the sailors who work tirelessly in the background to make this all happen. So so many special people like Bobby, Kennedy, Raul, Harry, January, Captain John himself, Sam who drives the boat, and so so many more. The efforts of these people, a good crowd onboard, the gorgeous gorgeous boat and the very carefully planned schedule of beautiful places to stop made this exquisite.

We were onboard the following week too. Wind Star booking rules allowed a group of 30 business people to book. I'm sorry but small boats are for small parties. It changed the feel of the week dramatically and I'm sorry to say we are unlikely to go back. Wind Star - you've gone for what looked like a good money booking and ignored the fact that you've lost as much money as many of the people on the boat the second week will never come back. Everyone was complaining about these rude rude ignorant people

Schedule as follows:-

2012 March 17 Saturday Philipsburg, St. Maarten
2012 March 18 Sunday Soper'S Hole, Tortola, B.V.I.
2012 March 18 Sunday Jost Van Dyke Great Harbour, B.V.I
2012 March 19 Monday Jost Van Dyke Great Harbour, B.V.I
2012 March 19 Monday Virgin Gorda, Prickly Pear Beach, B.V.I.
2012 March 20 Tuesday Virgin Gorda, Prickly Pear Beach, B.V.I.
2012 March 21 Wednesday Basseterre, St. Kitts
2012 March 22 Thursday Les Saintes, F.W.I.
2012 March 23 Friday Gustavia, St. Barthelemy
2012 March 24 Saturday Philipsburg, St. Maarten Less

Read more Wind Surf cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Wind Surf Review >>

Cabin review: Wind Surf Category B Deck One 302

A bit of valuable homework before we went uncovered the fact that there's a handful of B cabins on deck 3 in between the suites. Before we booked I made a specific request for one and got one. The location of it was great. Right at the back of the ship with 1 flight of stairs through a rear door to the pool area (where we spent a lot of time). Lovely big bed, great storage options, nice bathroom, very tastefully decorated and well kept by the staff on board.