Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Williew: The Pearl is not a Pearl

The Pearl is not a Pearl

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: British Columbia
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We are older Cruiser, who are some what experienced. We have sailed on many different cruise lines and have enjoyed them all until the Pearl.

Just did not do it for us. We had a balcony stateroom that was very small, the bathroom was a closet. It was hard to sit on the toilet.

They have just really cheapened the experience. The food was rather poor. Service even poorer. I felt sorry for the servicers because they were under so much pressure.
The first night we had to wait one and a half hours to get into the dinning room. The next night the hostess told us there was a 25 to 30 minute wait, so we went to the buffet. The food, was poor quality, Chicken or ham.

At the Latitudes meeting the Captain said if you have a problem talk to some one. So I talk to Tony Rosa the Food and beverage manager. He called me a liar when I told him of the wait time. then he insulted us by suggesting we were first time cruisers.

They catered to the many More alternative life people on board. My wife and I enjoy dancing before or after dinner. The only dancing was line dancing that we really can't get behind.

Not for us. I can't recommended this line to my friends. Less

Published 05/12/12

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: BC2 Balcony

Read All Balcony (BC) Reviews >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl British Columbia Cruises

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!