Marco Polo Cruise Review by Bryan Jones: A first time encounter with cruising at sea.

Marco Polo 5
Bryan Jones

Overall Member Rating

A first time encounter with cruising at sea.

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Other

We arrived at Tilbury at 13.35, while I parked my wife joined the queue for checking in. The checking in process was speedy and efficient. By 1400 we were in our cabin with our luggage. Our cabin was perfectly adequate, nothing luxurious but we had booked the Voyager Inside Guarantee package for only £699 each.

We were booked on the first sitting for dinner and our principle waiters Ivo and Dawson were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. I would give the food 7/10 with three dishes 9/10. The wine, at least the one I chose was good.

We enjoyed the entertainment in the Marco Polo Lounge, it was well presented and well performed.

The public areas on Marco Polo were all comfortable and well furnished. I also made good use of the excellent gym facilities.

We found all the staff very pleasant and cheerful, but we do like to treat the staff as we would like to be treated. We had read some less than complimentary comments about Marco Polo More before we sailed, we found none of them to be true. Possibly people get what they deserve.
Would we consider going on Marco Polo again? Definately. Less

Published 05/14/12

Read more Marco Polo cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Marco Polo Review >>

Cabin review: 4

Quiet location, excellent position, one level down to the Waldorf, one level up to the majority of the public rooms.

Bryan Jones
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?