Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by bigmama9224

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by bigmama9224
Explorer of the Seas
        13-15 1.0
        16+ 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Cruising with a group
Let me start by saying that we live in Queens NY we left our house at 9:20 am, we got to Cape Liberty at around 10:45 am. We went right thru there was no crowd at all. We had a suite so we went right thru the checking process mighty quick. We waited at a special sitting room then took bus to ship and by 11:30 we were at the Windjammer having lunch. Room was ready at 1:30 pm.

Ship definitely needs a dry dock but ship considering it needs a dry dock is in very good condition and most important very very clean. It seemed that during my 9 days they were always making some kind of repair on the ship which is good.My son whom went with us said that he noticed that this cruise had a lot of much older people, i for one like to travel during this week in April cause yes there are not too many kids screaming or running around the place especially the pool area.

I walked around the ship to see a lot of the cabins the inside cabins are good for two people if they only use the rooms to sleep not to much space but it is adequate only down side is that the bathroom is very very small. Balcony room at nice. Junior Suite is roomy but the other suites are better gives you more space if you are spending lots of time in cabin like my husband does.

I did the windjammer only about twice during the 9 days, but what i can say is that i love that i don't have to get up to get water or any other drinks waiters will walk around asking what you need, unlike Carnival.

I like that staying in a suite gives you some privileges you will always find a chair by the pool, go and see ice show with out tickets and had breakfast everyday at Portofino which was nice and quite and i got to order out of a menu very nice touch. Overall my experience with Royal Caribbean was a great one. Had a nice time, only thing is i will tell everyone if they get cold easily to bring plenty of warm clothes to hang around ship it is very cold, which i understand is for our benefit also they make you clean hands before going to eat which is great cause on my prior cruise on Carnival i had gotten pink eye, so appreciated the hand sanitizers.

Anyone looking at reviews to see if they should book on the Explorer Of The Seas just like i use to do, i would tell them go ahead you will definitely like it. Only down side to ship like i said was that i was not able to find a nice place to read cause it was freezing everywhere i went i should have brought my blanket to read then i would have been comfortable, but this was not the cruises fault it is mine for always being so cold.

Publication Date: 05/11/12