Bahamas Celebration 5

“Friendly staff, great entertainment & good food!”
Cruise review of Bahamas Celebration

TIDUS080502
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

We sailed on the SS Bahama Celebration from 5/5/12 - 5/7/12. This was my second cruise and my girlfriend's first so this was all for her. I wanted this to be a memorable and wonderful experience for her and for the most part she had a great time.

I paid extra to get an upgraded ocean view room with a balcony overlooking the ocean. The room was very nice and spacious but the balcony was a tiny 2 feet wide enclosed balcony on the back side of the ship with a limited view of the ocean.

The staff on-board this ship were simply amazing! They were so friendly and accommodating and very interactive with the guests. Especially the Assistant Cruise Director - Roy from the Philippines. We absolutely loved him! He had a great sense of humor and seemed to be everywhere we went.

The restaurants are nice and have very good food especially the Crystal Room. What lovely food and service we had there. Just wish there had been more seafood choices. There was also an More Italian eatery on the ship that offered pasta, pizza, desserts, etc that we really enjoyed. My girlfriend was a little disappointed that there was no midnight buffet after I had hyped that up. This was the first cruise that didn't have that.

The entertainment on the cruise was Awesome!! We saw the show both nights and thoroughly enjoyed all the acts. There was a juggler, a contortionist, a magician, a singer and two comedians. They were all fantastic! We also went to the Pub both nights to hear Shepherd & Green sing and they were extremely talented and you could tell they enjoyed what they were doing! We would love to see them again.

Neither one of us spent much time in the casino but then again we are not gamblers. It seemed to have a variety of things with lots of slot machines.

The pool on the ship was pretty small but there were two hot tubs - one on each side of the pool area and there was a separate kiddie pool area. There was an ice cream shop on the top deck as well.

We had excellent weather the entire trip and it was even a full moon one night which was gorgeous over the ocean! The excursions on the Bahamas were great to. We did the glass bottom boat tour and actually got to see sharks! Then we went to the Our Lucaya Resort and just relaxed there for a few hours. The pool and views there were breathtaking! We got some much needed R&R.

Overall, we both had a great time and are looking foward to taking another cruise in the near future. I would recommend Celebration cruise lines and the SS Bahama Celebration to everyone. Less

Overall Ratings

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

47358
Tiny enclosed balcony with limited view of ocean on back of ship, nice big room and bathroom with plenty of closet space, club was on floor below us so pretty noisy till around 2 AM.

Published 05/11/12

Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?