Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by debravasquez: Wonderful Cruise and Great Ship

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Wonderful Cruise and Great Ship

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

The Ship was well designed and was kept clean. The dining rooms were nice and there was ample room for service. The biggie was that our Bed was extremely comfortable and the balcony room was organized well so space was not a big issue. The service onboard was exceptional.

The gym was adequate and had great hours, the Spa was nice and also had great hours. The spa prices have really increased so I did not take advantage of anything but the extra pools and saunas. Amazing view from the spa as well. Bring your own lotion, that is an amenity they have stopped providing, conditioner as well.

The pools were nice and well used this trip. I did not see a lot of action on the water slide. We had several rough sea days.

The food choices seemed a bit limited on the menus as far as variety in preparations and such, but what we did have was really good. Lobster was almost always overcooked. A nice variety of sugar free dessert, but a warning that mouses, and custards and More such had very tasteless gelatin, so avoid those!
the SF brownie was AWESOME though!

We tried Cagney's this trip and boy was the fillet amazing! It pretty much melted in your mouth. The food there was really good. but be warned...I ate so much I was MISERABLE! Avoid the lobster bisque, and don't expect too much out of the crab cakes, the regular NCL crab cake was MUCH MUCH better. The Shops on board we a little disappointing. The Jewelery shop was only opened some of the time. They also used tables in front of the service desk a lot. Warning.. I purchased a 2-tone Fire CZ ring and was told it was sterling silver with 14ct gold overlay. I wore it 5 days and had bright copper shining though. NCL is supposed to be paying to have the ring returned, and the company says this was just a bad batch. I am skeptical. They are replacing the ring and NCL says if it happens again they will refund my money. But this stuff is pricey and has a lifetime warranty that costs you 10.00 or more every time you have an issue. Hope I don't have more issues. Apparently 3 others from the ship had similar problems, so I was not the only one.

Shore excursions were expensive and disappointing. They had nothing of interest for Costa Rica. I really think they should have Diving and snorkeling available, and they definitely have the base to work it out. But they don't. Chiapas was a total rip off for any of the tours. Just get the cab out of the dock area. It goes to all the same places for far less money. Just not a lot to see here. Huatulco was an amazing port. I can highly recommend the Discovery snorkel here. Really wish they had diving available as well. I am sure if you dive you could find something on the internet. I just didn't realize how wonderful this port was. Puerto Vallarta we visited friends, so I cannot speak to those shore excursions. Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Nine 10128

Loved our Cabin. Awesome bed. Reasonable space and organization.

For Cabo San Lucas my husband enjoyed the sports fishing, but he did not catch anything. I scheduled the dive and it was great. The dive was also very reasonably priced. I am not sure how much we could have saved trying to book fishing outside the boat, so I cannot comment. There was very little mark up for the dive. Both excursions with the boat.

Rosario Island Beach

(3)
The Rosario Island excursion for Cartagena was nice, but not worth 140.00. They take you on a long boat ride, show you and open Oceanarium( Interesting), then take you to a very modest resort, where you have to pay if you want to snorkel. Drinks are limited and expensive. The lunch is VERY authentic, and i don't recommend the fish. They are even chincy with the drinks for lunch.

I have no idea....Very Busy

Alot to do here. This is a very big and diversified city.

City Tour

(5)
I do recommend Charlie Soto if Okey Dokey tours for this stop. We got a really good tour of the area, fed Monkeys, saw the beach( it was very smelly due to some type of Algae breakout), saw a Butterfly house but the biggie was the 8-part zipline. It was great. 89.00