Seabourn Pride Cruise Review by At sea days

Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Middle East
Cabin Category: A2
See More About: Seabourn Pride Cruise Reviews | Middle East Cruise Reviews | Seabourn Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seabourn Pride Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seabourn Pride Deck Plans
Had doubts at first, but after 36 days I loved it!
When we boarded in Singapore the Silver seas was docked next to the little Pride...it was so small I could not even see it! Oh my, when we boarded it was so small..low ceiling in the main lounge...oh my...but our cabin, with a shelf balcony, was really well laid out, spacious...plenty of storage for 36 days, yes ladies I take 4 huge suitcases! everything fit..with room to spare. The bathroom equally spacious with storage under and a big mirrored cabinet storage area...2 sinks...shower over tub was at first a bit weird but I figured it out after a few days. The only dumb thing was the placement of the room safe, had to get on all fours to get into it...lucky for me I can still do that! Our suite was kept spotless and well stocked by our darling Lusel from South Africa. We had breakfast in our suite most mornings, laid out very nice on the big table with ajustable height, and removed promptly always with a call to see if all was good!

To be perfectly honest I was very apprehensive about sailing on such a little ship for 36 days, but we are so glad we did, we just loved it because of the size, 200 passengers, you meet people easier, the crew got to know you and greet youn by name...and after 36 days there were hugs among the passengers and crew....we could have stayed on another 36 days.

Don't get me stared about the food. Please don't go there with the bread sticks, one is never enough Kurt did some amazing dishes, vension, veal beef wellington...scallops and other fish dishes..desserts to pretty to eat,and wonderful cheese plates. The best burgers afloat and french fries. The wine flowed no question, once the staffed discovered what you liked it was there ready for you! An the Club pre dinner cocktails an hor'dourves different each night...I loved the sausages in puff pastry! Only one complaint in food was the horrid coffee...the coffee machines need replacing!

It was all the little details that we shall remember, Pop-corn at Trivia, after some of the longer tours we were welcomed back dock side with cool towels, champagne & hor'dourves..and a lot of the staff...they work so hard to make our cruise the best it could be...were there any problems...just minor...our toilet was a problem 4 times, BUT the problem was addresses within 10 minutes! No major deal. The towels were a bit shabby, and since the Pride is an older ship she needs some re-fit, dings on the furniture, some spots on the carpets. The really big problem for a long cruise was the tiny laundry room with 2 washers and driers, one dryer did not dry the clothes after 1 hour 45 minutes! had to hang everything in the cabin to dry and 1 unstable ironing board but you did meet all the other passengers!....BUT over all the staff made such a huge difference...one lunch time in the Restauant 2 Veranda buffet a fellow passenger became ill...the wait staff jumped in immediately to assist the gentleman...they were caring and concerned and took charge...I was amazed at how professional they were in the situation.

We went to some amazing ports in India, Oman, UAE, Egypt and Israel..what an experience. For those of you that are afraid of the Pirates...well we were well protected and sailed in a convoy...never felt any problems, even in Egypt we had security on the buses.

All said and done we are now Seaborne passengers, next time on one of the bigger Seaborne ships...

What you might not like, if you need to be constantly entertained then this pace might not be for you, tho I thought Jan and her staff were amazing, enough for me to do!...if you like stiff formality, maybe this is not for you.

But if you want to meet other well traveled interesting passengers and come away as part of a family, well give it a try....unless of course you do not like your family...well that of course is another matter!

Publication Date: 05/11/12