Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by happy_travellers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by happy_travellers
Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit
Member Name: happy_travellers
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: San Juan
Cabin Category: 09
See More About: Celebrity Summit Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

San Juan to NYC
San Juan Airport clearing customs was very slow and frustrating. We ended up on the ship about 2 hours later than expected. Once through embarkation , which was smooth we were headed into Old San Juan. Since we sailing away at 8pm we thought we had plenty of time to go out and explore. However, as we tried to leave the ship we were told we had to be back for a mandatory fire drill at 4:45. I had emailed Celebrity and also called to ask about leaving the ship after embarkation and was told no problem that we would do a make up drill. So I was VERY upset at being told to be back on ship by 4:45. I went down to Guest Services and the info I had was confirmed and off the ship we went. A second drill was called at 7:30, I am so glad I did not take no for an answer.

We had select serve dining and I had pre-booked times for each night. Almost every meal was terrific! Buffet dining was good, easy to find a place except after the half day in Tortola when everyone was coming back for lunch at the same time. We went to Bistro Five on the stayover night in Bermuda and it was nice, good food but it never seemed busy. We did not feel the need to go to the specialty dining on this trip as the MDR was so good (normally we go to specialty dining for half the cruise nights). The last sea day there was a beautiful brunch in the MDR.

We spent some time in the Micheal's Bar and also the Aft Bar. The Martini Bar was very busy and the Wine-Cellars Bar was empty most of the time. We saw a little of most of the shows and enjoyed the comic and the female impressionist the most. As always the "newlywed" game was good fun. The band that played pool side and for the night pool parties was very good.

We enjoyed the indoor pool area (great sauna/showers). It was not difficult getting lounge chairs on this cruise.

There were two outdoor evening deck parties, they were GREAT!

Our room stewards were very good, and most waiters were good (with the exception of "Captains night".

We had a Cruise Critic meeting after Tortola. Only the Cruise Director attended and that was disappointing. The cabin crawl after the meeting was very well attended by those that signed up and the poker crawl was fun. It was very nice of C/C members to open up there rooms and we did get to see the Penthouse Suite!

I also attended a C/C wine tasting which was scheduled at the same time as the C/C slot pull. I enjoyed the wine tasting and the conversations.

Publication Date: 05/11/12