Carnival Dream Cruise Review by mhurley0504

Member Name: mhurley0504
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 4H

I was very leary after reading reviews
I was booked on the Carnival Dream for the Western Caribbean Cruise sailing on April 28th. I have sailed with Carnival on three previous occasions and they have all been great. Before leaving, I started reading reviews on various boards and I must say I was very apprehensive. I was, however, pleasantly surprised once I got there. Many of the reviews spoke of how bad the food was, how rude the waiters were, how long the lines were, etc. I found the food in the dining room to be very good, it was always hot and it was served just the way we asked. The waiters and waitresses were exceptionally friendly always addressing us by name. We were never wanting for a refill as our glasses were never half empty before someone was there to refill it.

As for the room stewards they did an excellent job also. I never actually saw her clean the room, but when I left and returned in the morning and evening, the room was always clean. Anytime I saw her in the hall, she was always friendly and called us by name. Anytime I passed a crew member, they always spoke and were very friendly.

I'm not saying the boat was not crowded. There are 4,200 people on the boat so you know it's gonna be crowded. However, you really have to use common sense. We did not go to lunch at the buffet at 12:00 because we knew it would be crowded. Just as we did not go to dinner at 7:00, we went at either 6:00 or 8:00 (my time dining) and never had to wait.

As for the boat "rocking" I have to say it did rock more than the others we have been on, but it wasn't a problem or extremely noticeable. As I stated before, I read many review before going and what fascinated me was that ten different reviewers went on the same ship at the same time and half gave it 1 or 2 stars and half gave it 4 or 5. For me and my family we had a wonderful time, no complaints and are ready to sail Carnival again :)

Publication Date: 05/11/12