Carnival Dream Cruise Review by mhurley0504: I was very leary after reading reviews

mhurley0504
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

I was very leary after reading reviews

Sail Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I was booked on the Carnival Dream for the Western Caribbean Cruise sailing on April 28th. I have sailed with Carnival on three previous occasions and they have all been great. Before leaving, I started reading reviews on various boards and I must say I was very apprehensive. I was, however, pleasantly surprised once I got there. Many of the reviews spoke of how bad the food was, how rude the waiters were, how long the lines were, etc. I found the food in the dining room to be very good, it was always hot and it was served just the way we asked. The waiters and waitresses were exceptionally friendly always addressing us by name. We were never wanting for a refill as our glasses were never half empty before someone was there to refill it.

As for the room stewards they did an excellent job also. I never actually saw her clean the room, but when I left and returned in the morning and evening, the room was always clean. Anytime I saw her in the hall, she was always More friendly and called us by name. Anytime I passed a crew member, they always spoke and were very friendly.

I'm not saying the boat was not crowded. There are 4,200 people on the boat so you know it's gonna be crowded. However, you really have to use common sense. We did not go to lunch at the buffet at 12:00 because we knew it would be crowded. Just as we did not go to dinner at 7:00, we went at either 6:00 or 8:00 (my time dining) and never had to wait.As for the boat "rocking" I have to say it did rock more than the others we have been on, but it wasn't a problem or extremely noticeable. As I stated before, I read many review before going and what fascinated me was that ten different reviewers went on the same ship at the same time and half gave it 1 or 2 stars and half gave it 4 or 5. For me and my family we had a wonderful time, no complaints and are ready to sail Carnival again :) Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Interior Vista 9337

I didn't really enjoy this port as much. The tender is very far away from the port.

We decided not to do an excursion here. We took a shuttle to the fishing village and walked around the shops. They are very aggressive trying to get you to come into each shop as you walk by. We visited Sam's Corona Bar where they let you use lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas for free, the just ask if you purchase any food or drinks that you order from them. They also had free wi-fi that let me message home to check on my dog :)

Beach Break

(5)
We did the Playa Mia beach break. It was very nice, beach was extremely clean. Had open bar with complimentary lounge chairs and waiters to bring your drinks if you wanted him to.

We enjoyed this port very much. We did a tour of the city, we did not book with Carnival, but one of the independent companies. The beach at Mahogany Bay is beautiful.
Read 1644 Roatan Reviews