Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Wyotraveler: NIce cruise on a massive ship

Wyotraveler
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

NIce cruise on a massive ship

Sail Date: April 2012

My cruise on the Oasis of the Seas was very nice. For starters the check-in process at Port Everglades was very efficient and seemed to go much faster than on previous cruises with Princess' smaller ships.

In addition to the check-in process there were a number of other things that I really liked about this massive ship and the cruise to western Caribbean. At the top of this list were the shows. I very much enjoyed them especially "Frozen in Time" and "Oasis Dreams" and felt they stood out, as the best highlights from this cruise. It was also nice that reservations to these shows could be made.

Next I very much enjoyed dinning in the deck 5 Opus Dinning Room. Our waiter Dwight and assistant waiter Pedro made our experience great, so much so that I requested the same table every night we eat there. They went above and beyond and often offered us a 2nd main entree. On one night my step-dad ordered the duck, but found it to not be to his liking. After bringing this to More their attention they rushed to bring a different entree. In addition if we could not decide between 2 deserts we were given both. Dwight and Pedro were 2 of best team members on this cruise and should commended for their excellent service.

The alternative eateries where also nice including the Seafood Shack where I enjoyed a tasty meal of fish and chips one night. I also found Johnny Rockets to be a great alternative to the busy buffet for breakfast. In addition I am still craving a yummy treat from the Boardwalk Donut Shop.

In addition I liked many of the unique features of the ship including the "Boardwalk" and the "Royal Promenade" and "Central Park." The interactive touch screens throughout the ship were very cool and a great way to see what was going on, as well which eateries were open and whether they were busy or not.

As for our stateroom, while not huge it was nice and served its purpose. We were booked in a D1 "Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Large Balcony" on deck 10. The couch instead of just a chair was a nice touch. The flat screen TV with interactive menu was also very cool. As with most rooms on a cruise ship the bathroom in this one was small with just a tiny shower. In addition I am not sure if I liked the placement of the closet, as the ones on Princess were always directly across from the bathroom. This one was close to the bed, almost too close.

As for the ports call they included Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth, Jamaica, and Cozumel, Mexico. Labadee seemed to be very crowded with all of the passengers from the ship. This included on the beaches and in the eating areas. I also found the locals selling items there to be very pushy. I like to look without someone hovering over me. The BBQ lunch provided by Royal Caribbean though was very good and the best part of my time there. The next port, Falmouth, it was my favorite. For starters there were a number of shops right at the port. Also our excursion to Dunns River Falls was very nice, despite being a workout. I walking up the falls, which was a great experience and I am glad I did, but I just stated it was very much a workout. Our guide on the bus and then the guide at the falls were both friendly. The last port, Cozumel, was okay, but as I d little more than look at the shops at the port, I cannot say much else about it.

The negatives of the cruise not mentioned above were as follows. I found the buffet to be very crowded and it was not open all the time. Wished they had kept at least one side open most of the day, so an early or late meal could be enjoyed at leisure.

In addition the crowds on the pool deck where sometimes a bit much for me to handle. I did however like the adults only Solarium.

In all the ship and cruise were very nice and I am glad that I was on this cruise. Also I am considering another cruise with Royal Caribbean in the future. Lastly I just signed up for the Crown & Anchor Society Loyalty Program. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Large Balcony Deck 6 10598

Our stateroom, while not overly large seemed bigger than comparable cabins on Princess.

Falmouth, Jamaica is one of favorite ports. For starters there are a number of shops right near the dock. Our excursion to Dunns River Falls was great. While the climb up the falls was very much a workout I am glad that I did. Our guide on the bus and then our guide at the falls were both very good. Be warned though the sellers at the falls can be pushy and you just need to walk away.
Read 492 Falmouth Reviews

Labadee, Haiti was at times seemed very crowed with the hoards of passengers from the cruise ship. Whether at one of the beaches or eating areas there were just too many people for my liking. Also I found the locals selling their wears to be very pushy. I agree with the old saying "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar." I like to look, but don't need someone hovering over me. As for the positives I really the BBQ lunch, despite the crowed I mentioned above. I also liked the tram the took us the island, as it meant less walking.
Read 375 Labadee Reviews