Norwegian Star Cruise Review by crusin fools

Member Name: crusin fools
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: BC
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

HOLY CANNOLI!!!
I must say that this cruise was fantastic....the best I ever had.. At first, I was not sure it was going to be a good cruise since I felt that the Star was a little rough around the edges...The furniture in our cabin was worn and there was a ripped curtain over the balcony door. The room itself was not as clean as I expected it to be..Mirrors were smudge, coffee pot sat in a silver tray that was dusty and to top it off we found an empty soda can behind the life jackets..I didn't want to complain about it because the rest of the room was always kept spotless...

But I definitely overlooked all that due to the Star's wonderful staff...They could not bend over backwards to help you..Everyone was very kind,courteous and friendly. One evening we ate in La Cuchina. I made a suggestion to this officer, named Roman,who was walking around the restaurant greeting people, that they should have Cannolis on the menu. He took my suggestions and my room number and said that he would mention this to the front office. I said that would be fine since it was just a suggestion. I never thought about it again..A few days later I received a phone call from the assistant Maitre D in the Versailles MDR telling me that he had cannolis for me and to see him the next day for dinner..I was so taken back with the fact that they made these cannolis especially for me and my husband ...based only on a suggestion. That is what I call excellent customer service.

There were so many other incidents that really stand out...Elizabeth putting her bar tray down to help me out of the lounge chair. Crystal in the Market Cafe, who got my husband a tray, and got him half and half when there was none and also, helped him get is eggs done right. When we ran into each of them, they always remembered our name, stopped and asked us how our day was going..They always greeted us with a big smile and were truly genuine..

Now, we cannot forget Phillip and Floyd, who each morning made our day.."WASHY, WASHY...COFFEE, COFFEE, EATY, EATY...etc...Those two guys definitely made this cruise.They are such an asset to NCL..Also, the "RAH RAH' staff parade each morning on the pool deck was great...The staff of the Star really went out of their way to make you feel like family...Even the greeting we encountered when coming back to the ship at St Thomas was fun.

Kyle the cruise director was all right. My husband thought he would be more fitted in doing a TV game show than being a Cruise Director..He even said he reminded him of Bob Eubanks...

All in all, we had a fantastic time..I don't want to forget that a great cruise also depends on its passengers. They were a great bunch of people..We rekindled friendships made on previous cruises and made new friends on this one.

I would definitely recommend the Star to anyone who wants to cruise and we are also thinking of taking her to Bermuda in September.

Publication Date: 05/11/12