Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by TnomadX: Wonderful Time, BUT...

TnomadX
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 4.8

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Time, BUT...

Sail Date: March 2012

Let me just start out by saying that we had a wonderful time on our cruise. The Oasis of the Seas is a very LARGE ship, and it does have LOTS of things to do and see. I took my family during our spring break (March 10-17, 2012) and it was fantastic.

Boarding the ship took less than 30 minutes. I understand the computer system went down prior to our arrival, but we were on the ship in no time. I was absolutely surprised at how fast the process was. The ship did not seem overly crowded even though there were more thatn 5,000 cruisers on our sailing. The only time we could actually tell there were lots of people was when we would go back to board the ship after our excursions.

Our room attendant was wonderful. He greeted us right away and learned our names very quickly. There were other room attendents nearby who also learned our names. Each time we would head back to our state room, we were always greeted by someone in a warm, friendly manner. Our servers More were great. What I enjoyed about them is that they not only served us, but they took the time to get to know us. They would have dicussions with us and learn about our family, where we're from. They also would share with us. This is a big deal for me because my children suffer with disabilities and typically do not talk to people they don't know. For them to open up to the staff on the Oasis was amazing.

There was one hiccup on the ship. My daughter became very ill while sailing. She went swimming and was trying to find me. She went to the front desk, and they didn't want to page me at first. When they did page me, I was in the Opal theatre. The paging system does not go into the theaters...especially if there is a show going on (which there wasn't at this particular time). They got security to look for me. As I was heading back to my room, I saw security go right past me with a picture of me in their hands. My sons told me that they were trying to find me, so I went to guest relations. Upon exiting the elevator, security goes past me again with a picture. The gentlemen I saw seemed to be angry because I didn't answer the page. I let him know that I didn't hear it. Trust me! If I had heard my name over the intercom, I would have been so excited to hear it I would have come running. Long story short, I got my daughter and took her to the hospital on board. The doctor was very nice, but gave her medication that didn't help at all.

Amy Fickart(?) was our cruise director. I think she's a very nice person and is very well capable of the job. You could see that she was very knowledgeable and enjoyed her job very much. My only advice to her is that she just relax and have fun. It appeared that she may have been competing with male cruise directors, and she doesn't have to. If she will be who she is, she will surpass them by leaps and bounds. I LOVED the fact that she was playing hide-and-seek with the kids one day on the ship. That showed a lot of love and compassion for even the youngest passengers. My sons talked about that for weeks.

Each show we went to was Phenomenal. The singing and dancing was awesome! The comedians were fantastic! Be sure to book your shows before you board the ship to ensure you get to attend. I'm so glad I did that prior to boarding. Whew.

IF you go on Oasis, Please, Please try the lamb. It was excellent!!! We enjoyed it so much!! Ohh....and just in case I haven't mentioned it yet, this ship is absolutely beautiful. It is extremely clean, and very easy to navigate throughout. I thought it would not compare to Liberty of the Seas initially, but I'm glad we tried it. It is one vacation I will never forget (and neither will my children). Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3

Overall the cabin was fine. They are rather small, but we only slept in the cabin. There wasn't much time to spend there until my daughter got sick. The beds are very comfortable. The closet space could be a little better, but we made due.

Atlantis

(4)
It was a tour of the Hotel Atlantis. The kids loved seeing the large Aquarium

City Tour

(5.5)
EXCELLENT!!! We enjoyed this one very much. We got to see most of the island with an actual tour guide. She explained everything that we saw, and it was simply fantastic. I wouldn't mind going here again.

Beach Break

(2)
Did not enjoy this excursion to much. It was a long drive to the beach, and was not what we expected. The driver scared all of us with his driving, and we couldn't wait to get back to the boat. FYI...If you go swimming here, please note that the water is extremely salty. We did enjoy seeing the fish up close and personal though. That was the highlight.