Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by photocruiser1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by photocruiser1
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: photocruiser1
Cruise Date: May 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 5A
Cabin Number: u3
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Rates 5+

Just Ok for the money
First off I have to say we chose this cruise because it went to the Bahamas and we really wanted to spend a day at Atlantis to check it out before investing a great deal of money to take our family. As a past cruiser we where wisked through to the head of the line and everything went fast! It was my boyfriend's birthday week and I had a credit from Carnival I hoped to use it on an Alaskan cruise that was going to expire.

Our stateroom was small but extremely clean and well kept the staff was great and attentive. The room was very noisy however especially when we docked with clanking. The review style shows where good and the comedy funny. The food in the dining rooms was ok but the food on the Lido deck was down right nasty. Room service was excellent quality wise. I still can't get over it. Also they have a way of putting the topping and condiments out of order so you have to bad track to get them. I do have to fault our bit of disappointment with the behavior of the crowd not the staff. People where not dressed for modesty to the point where it was offensive. I work in the talent industry so I'm not easily offended but people where wearing clothes that didn't fit, or where just not right for their body type. PIZZA...it was great of my first cruise with this line and made up for the rest of the menu. This time there was a line a mile long and one guy serving soggy pizza you had to wait about 30 minutes for. Even one of the comedians made fun of it. The casino was ok but they way they do the money makes it hard to move from machine to machine so you sort of end up giving up and staying too long on a bum slot machine. Photos:overall good quality. One thing I HATE about this cruise line. You feel like you are in one big infomercial. Since this was my second cruise I knew what to skip and what was important and not.

One word of advice. If you want to go to Atlantis skip the shore excursions. A shared taxi was $4.00 there and the excursion was $50+ I believe. The property is somewhat cash free so take a credit card. We did the Aquaventure and it was great BUT I did have a bruising issue on one of the slides there so make sure your tube is filled up with air completely. but we did it on our own for $120.00. Head to Senor Frogs for dinner when you get off the ship it is all the way down on the right past the straw market. Also if you go tot he straw market never buy anything and first offer. Walk away and they will give you a better price.

Publication Date: 05/10/12