Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Shayward26

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Shayward26
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: Shayward26
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Canary Islands
Cabin Category: Q
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Solo traveller
Hi everyone this is my first review so bear with.

I would like to start of by telling you that I am a solo traveller and a disabled one at that.

Embarkation was easy the wheelchair service was excellent from the terminal to being in the windjammer only took 30 mins.

Food was excellent from the windjammer to the main dinning room. The service in the main dinning room was first class from the second day my waiter knew my name and was always chatty always had a smile for everyone. Eat in johnny rockets once food excellent there is a small charge but you can eat as much as you want and the waiters do a dance for everyone.

Entertainment was brilliant always something to do for everyone. The shows that I saw were brilliant.

The ice show is a must and the quest was very funny. Our cruise director Luke Aerosmith who took over from Joff eaton was brilliant he would always stop and chat and have banter with us.

The ship was kept very clean with staff constantly cleaning and maintaining it. The ship is Hugh but once on it it didn't feel that big and it was full too capacity there were times when it felt busy ie after the shows had finished but other than that there was always some quiet areas.

Ports we did miss out on Madeira because of the bay of biscay and going through hurricane force 12 the captain had to slow down he did a very good job there were no injurys or any damage so my resept to the crew. The weather wasn't that great but cant blame the ship the one good day we had was in gran canneries which is the only port that I got of at. When in port the ship was very quiet so I decided to stay on the ship for the rest of the ports.

Disembarkation was very quick I had a allocated time and place which was the theatre I got at 8:30am and was allowed of straight away so was in the car for about 9:10am.

Met some lovely people on this ship if your worried about going alone don't be everyone just talks with everyone I had the best time on this ship and will definatly be back.

I would like to say the crew did a brilliant job through the bay of biscay and I would also like to thank the crazy cruisers gang they know who they are for making my first cruise and holiday by myself the best thanks guys.

Publication Date: 05/11/12