MSC Musica Cruise Review by LaughCali

Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 9
See More About: MSC Musica Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Musica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Musica Deck Plans
MSC Musica First Time Cruiser
This was our first cruise so we don't have any other to compare. I booked and then found cruise critic and read some of the bad reviews.

1. The cabins and the ship are very clean.

2. Service is awesome, the staff is everywhere, you don't have to look to far and they all work hard and are friendly.

3. The MSC excursions are worth every penny, we cheaped out one day and regretted it, we wish we could do that port over again. We walked out and were just going to find a good restaurant etc but we encountered plenty of locals offering bargain excursions, so we chose one for $20.00 euros each. The tour was just okay, nothing to write home about. At the end of the tour we still had 3 1/2 hours left so the tour guide asked if we wanted to walk, she pointed right and said go left, so we asked her are you sure, go left, yes, yes...No we ended up walking 6 miles on a bad road with no hope of grabbing a taxi, we finally made it to the ship on time. We had already booked 2 MSC excursions so we decided to add two more, good choice, all the MSC excursions are fun and no worries about getting back to the ship in time. A couple of the excursions we had to be taken on board by boats because of either no dock or too many ships docked, we went out first and were on the island by 7:30 when the non-excursion members started disembarking at 8:00 a.m. so this was an advantage. At some ports MSC offered a shuttle to the city center and they had shuttle buses bring you back every 10 minutes for about 8 or 9 euros. Great deal! The excursion buses were always full.

3. Wifi, I brought my i-phone and went to wifi on my phone and it takes you to the msc webpage and you pick different increments, 30, 60, 100, etc, minutes. I chose 100 min for $15.00 euros and just connected to download my email to keep in touch, it's automatically charged to your room. Just be sure to logout!!! or your time keeps running. I noticed after I logged in, I had to go back to wifi and connect again to get a connection but the 2nd time you don't have to login. I typed the http://exit.hotspot.lan in my notes and you can click on it and it automatically logs you out when your done.

4. Food! Not bad or great but its the typical buffet style, a few good items on the menu. Breakfast and lunch are good. Dinner they mess up on the international cuisine of the day. Thai day, not the Thai I usually have, or Mexican, the chicken is curry. They have salads, fruit, breads, deserts and basic rice, potato staples, etc. I think the chefs would be better off keeping in simple and making sure the food is hot. It seems like they try to please every nationality but they shouldn't. We didn't care too much because we eat the basic healthy food and wanted to try the meals at the different ports. Sometimes people do cut lines or are rude. Americans are the minority on this cruise line but not due to MSC. It was fun meeting and experiencing different cultures. Most of the young workers speak english and it seems they are happy to use it when given the opportunity.

Publication Date: 05/10/12