Eurodam Cruise Review by lieut_kije

Cruise Date: April 2012
Cabin Category: J

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Very nice first cruise
I spent about $1k for a seven night cruise traveling solo ("single supplement"). The Eurodam was and looked new. The staff was terrific, the food was great (especially the main/formal dining room), and I had a very enjoyable, relaxing time. The ports weren't very interesting, but I really wasn't doing the cruise for that anyway. San Juan, PR, was the most interesting but due to time constraints and the threat of traffic, I didn't venture far from the port. The other ports were pretty, but not much to see.

The food was my main concern and I was very satisfied. I discovered that the reason I haven't liked lobster in the past is that I never had it prepared well until I went on this cruise. I loved the soups and deserts and the staff was happy to give me seconds.

The entertainment was OK, but not something I got really excited about. But that's probably because I'm not a fan of song and dance shows. They had a magician and a comedian that were more to my liking. The string quartet was OK, but they could use a little more practice on Bach's Brandenburg #3.

I'll be going on my second cruise soon, but the ship will be a bit older and I'm worried I'll be disappointed after enjoying Eurodam.

Publication Date: 05/10/12