Eurodam 5

Cruise review of Holland America Eurodam

lieut_kije
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

I spent about $1k for a seven night cruise traveling solo ("single supplement"). The Eurodam was and looked new. The staff was terrific, the food was great (especially the main/formal dining room), and I had a very enjoyable, relaxing time. The ports weren't very interesting, but I really wasn't doing the cruise for that anyway. San Juan, PR, was the most interesting but due to time constraints and the threat of traffic, I didn't venture far from the port. The other ports were pretty, but not much to see.

The food was my main concern and I was very satisfied. I discovered that the reason I haven't liked lobster in the past is that I never had it prepared well until I went on this cruise. I loved the soups and deserts and the staff was happy to give me seconds.

The entertainment was OK, but not something I got really excited about. But that's probably because I'm not a fan of song and dance shows. They had a magician and a comedian that were more to my liking. The More string quartet was OK, but they could use a little more practice on Bach's Brandenburg #3.

I'll be going on my second cruise soon, but the ship will be a bit older and I'm worried I'll be disappointed after enjoying Eurodam. Less

Eurodam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: April 2012
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Stateroom

J
Cabin attendants were very nice and did a great job of cleaning and preparing my cabin each day.

Pleasant beach experience, but nothing to write home about.

Old town was very interesting. I was advised not to try to see anything else due to traffic/time constraints.
Read 2237 San Juan Reviews

Published 05/10/12

Read Cruise Critic's Eurodam Review

Eurodam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?