Carnival Dream Cruise Review by kenyah680

Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Rates 5+

Wedding cruise....absolutely fabulous
April 21st we were welcomed aboard the Carnival Dream along with 43 of our family and friends to join in my husband and I wedding ceremony and reception. Our cruise was a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise. My husband, our infant daughter and I boarded the cruise ship VIP status because we had a ocean view suite. If traveling with children, it was worth the extra money to to get thru so quickly. We did not wait in any line at all and were treated like gold. We were able to get into our room almost immediately. Our room was much nicer than the regular staterooms but a suite on a ship is more like a regular hotel room. The views from the balcony were stunning and all of the windows were so beautiful for waking to sunrise in the morning.

Housekeeping service

Our housekeeper, Ihar was amazing. He came to introduce himself almost immediately as we arrived to our room. He always spoke to us by name and was so pleasant, accommodating, and prompt. It seemed as tho every time we left our room he had our room cleaned again. He had my wedding gown steamed the night before the wedding and returned to my room within a couple hours. The steaming of my dress was perfected and only cost $22.50. He was always available to ask questions and was very personable.

We had a large group of people and within our group we had 2 guests who are on gluten free diets, 2 guests who are vegan vegetarian and my 3 year old nephew with a severe nut allergy. Alina, the hostess went above and beyond for our group. Every evening she came to our table to ensure that everything was going well. She commented on the fact that my nephew was not eating his meals (as we had late dining). She arranged that he have his (nut free) meals sent to his room via room service every evening at 6 so that he would eat his meal. His parents were extremely impressed by her offer to do this. The other dietary issues were also dealt with very well. My cousin who is vegan and has celiacs disease (gluten free), celebrated his birthday while on the ship. Alina was able to have a cake made to suit his dietary requirements. She was wonderful to our entire group. Our server Fransico was also excellent.

The wedding

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. Aline (the dining room hostess) was actually the person who seemed to coordinate everything. She met us by guest services to guide us off the ship to have our license signed in port of St Thomas. She also came to our stateroom and took our wedding favours and decor and set it up beautifully in the reception. The actual wedding coordinator (thru royal ocean events) was late for the ceremony therefore we could not start the ceremony on time. She left immediately following the ceremony. Basically she brought the music cd for the ceremony and that was about it. Once again Alina did absolutely everything. She stayed with us through everything. The reception room (caliente room) was beautiful. I could not believe it was actually the disco it looked so different and elegant. The food was delicious and we got lots of positive comments on the reception. I found that the reception was a little short but it allowed people to go visit the island for a few hours before leaving St Thomas. Overall the wedding was beautiful. I did bring my own silk bouquets I had ordered on etsy.com from artseero as the boquet on the ship is a multi coloured mix of tropical flowers and I preferred all white for the entire wedding party. We got the chocolate and strawberry filled wedding cake and it was beautiful and delicious. I must say I was very impressed with the reception. The photography was exceptional. I did not think that I would be overly impressed but much to my surprise I ended up purchasing the most expensive package available because they were absolutely stunning.

Overall our experience was wonderful. I would do it all again in a heartbeat. It was so beautiful. I hope this helps.

Publication Date: 05/10/12