Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by wendyk625: A well deserved break

A well deserved break

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

Upon arriving in Jacksonville, the temperatures were a little chilly and very windy. Getting on the ship was a little bit of a challenge. Out of all the ports we have sailed from, this was my least favorite. Very crowded and unorganized. The inspection agents were very rude. Luckily, this was the worst of our trip. All was better from here.

We got on the ship and was able to go straight to our room. Due to the long lines at the terminal, this was a first. We then went up and got a snack.

Our first day and our fifth day were days at sea. I learned along time ago that if you want a deck chair, get up early. This was no different but I expected it. I did make the mistake of being on the wrong side of the pool. On one side, smoking is allowed. I don't smoke. Be sure to catch which side is which.

Next was Key West. My first time and we had a great time. We bought the Hop On Hop Off trolley on line before we left and paid 17.00. Through the cruise line it would More have been 30.00. Can't wait to go back.

Then off to Nassau. We got on the #10 bus and went to the beach at the Sheraton. It cost us 1.25 for each of us, each way. It was to cost us 25.00 each to use the beach but they never asked for the money, so we didn't offer.

The food is excellent. The Didja section of the menu is new and sorta enjoyable. From sushi to alligator, to frog legs. The food on Carnival has alot more flavor than RCCL.

The shows are just ok. We did enjoy the 80's show. It brought us back a few years. The comedy shows were great as well. Very funny.

Over all, we had a great time. Less

Published 05/10/12

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X